Friday, December 04, 2015

And so it's the last month of the year. Will I make it?



This has been such a busy week for me.

November ended (which means it was Goals Night), I had a function at a very smart hotel (with not-great food - isn't that so annoying?!), the kids graduated from Grade R and had their prizegiving (two different days) and we had our Secret Santa today.

Oh, I was so confused about the days I thought Monday was the 1st so I powered on ahead with my Instagram challenge til I realised one morning at work that I'm a day ahead.

Oops!



I also went to a library sale today and bought six books for R60. Yes!

They're all books I haven't read because I check on Goodreads before I buy any.

Speaking of books, fun fact - on 18 November many, many years ago, the day I wrote my last matric exam, I started keeping a record of the books I read.

Many years ago, I paid my lovely virtual assistant to add all these books to Goodreads (but I only did the 5 years before) so I now check if I've read the book (they all sound the same to me) before buying or taking from the library.

In fact, the other day, my phone died while I was at the library and sure enough, I got home only to find I'd read one of the books 5 years ago.

Here are the books I read in November...



3 was actually the best and I should have abandoned 2 for sure, but I'd have lost that reading time....

And now I have 10 books to read to reach my goal for the year. The thing is we're only going on holidays in January and I need holiday time to read to get there.

Still, I'm going to do my best. I'm listening to the Tiger Mother book in the car, reading another and we do have a public holiday coming up in two weeks.

I'm already happy with the number of books I've read thus far, which I'll break down into physical books/ audible books & fiction/ non-fiction books when I do my reading write-up post for the year :)

How was your week?
What are you reading?

PS I bought this book tonight. I love this entire series. Get it and read - you won't be sorry :)

6 comments:

  1. I had a heart breaking week with anxiety levels that left me shattered and unable to cope...but I am gradually pulling myself together. Our tree goes up this weekend and then just maybe I will start to get my HOHO for the season. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely enjoyed reading "The boy who fell to earth" but there is a lot of L in that boy so maybe that;s why. "Recipe for love" is a nice easy read. I really want to know how "The woman who stole my life" is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw Recipe for Love in PNA over the weekend. Was tempted to get it but I already have a pile of books to still read so I left it behind. But I actually want to read some Christmasy books so I googled and found a few. Can't wait to start with Skipping Christmas by John Grisham.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last week was mad! This week though has been better! I am actually on my way now with Cam to the library to get some books for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That was my favourite thing about holidays - unlimited reading :)

      Delete
  5. I've been so busy of late, I've not had time to do anything really but I have managed to finish my last book (The Last Runaway, a surprisingly good read) and start another one by Tana French, I am battling to get into it actually...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails