Friday, April 07, 2017

I'm falling into completely bad habits



I once successfully started a good habit of cleaning my face every night before bed. I remember I started that habit on 21 March (of whichever year) because we went to see Michael Buble that evening.

And then in July when we went on holiday, my good streak was broken and I never started up again.

I've been in a great sleep habit for a long time but I do track it which is the magic pill for me.

Anything I track I do well :)

But last week I read past 1 am on two nights because I have no discipline to go to sleep instead of reading.

But I confessed on Instagram on Monday and it's been good accountability for me because I've been in bed by 10.30 this whole week.

However, the weekend is near so who knows what'll happen :0



Last month, March, I had a spectacularly great reading month with 12 books.

I finished my Maeve Binchy on the Wed night, the end of the month was Friday and I posted on Instagram "wondering" if I'd just relax or try to read another. All while I was charging my Kindle. It's like my body knew before my mind had been made up.

So I checked the books available (still 31!) and selected the Lisa Hall, a psychological thriller (I think that's what you call these books). I read and read and read, and finished it outside of work, kids, school meetings and coaching calls, after 1am.

I was knackered the next day but it was great to completely dive in for a long stretch. Like the pre-kids days :)

The stats
12 read
5 non-fiction; 7 fiction
Most books read in one day, 14th March - 2 books (while on flights to and from Cape Town)
Audible: Kindle: Physical = 1:5:6

Noteworthy
I read my first Jodi Picoult and I loved it despite some hot-button topics!
I of course loved the Liane Moriarty, the Hypnotist's Love Story. She writes such great books full of discussion topics, perfect for book clubs :)

I'm currently reading Friends like us, Irish fiction by a new-to-me author, and I'm listening to Jen Hatmaker's For the Love, which I got through the free Overdrive app through my library membership.

What are you reading and listening to?

7 comments:

  1. I think I need to read all the Liane Moriarty books! I am reading "My grandmother sends her regards and apologies" by Frederik Backman - the same author as "A man called Ove" . It is magical

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you completely need to add them all to your list. I need to instagram a page where I have started keeping a list of all the books I haven't read by my favourite authors. And then I need to go through my Kindle and physical bookshelves to see which ones I own (I unconsciously bought a physical book that I already own on my kindle!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marica, I don't think your number of late nights reading is a bad habit...you should see mine :p

    Am actually rereading a light and fluffy Christmas romance, along with all the academic stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bad to where I was recently, but also nowhere as bad as I was even two years ago 😳

      Delete
  4. It's so easy to fall into bad habits. It happens to me all the time. Right now, I have stopped bullet journaling and I want to start again to help me keep track and provide some accountability. Also stopped drinking water, and seeing the effects on my skin. Need to start implementing the good habits again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha I used to do that before the running bug hit. Since I didn't have to wake up so early. Now I can't afford to stay up too late else I miss my early wake up time. Glad you liked the Jodi Picoult. I have that on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails