Tuesday, September 05, 2017

The less you blog, the less you blog :)



I have such good intentions but at the end of the day, I suppose I want to read more than I want to blog. Or listen to podcasts and edit photos more than I want to blog #sorrynotsorry

On the bright side, I'm so up to date with photos it doesn't even feel like me, best it's been in years.

I am trying to be a better steward of my time though so I've been tracking (very loosely) what I do every evening.

And now that I write down every evening what I did (again, verrrrry loosely), I'm aware that I have much more time than I think I do, and the same is true at work.

So I'm going to try to be more mindful so I can use all the time better.



But let's talk about August.


Life (and every month) is made up of both good and not-so-good things. It's just the way it is; as Glennon Doyle says, "life is brutiful"

Good things
  1. I had a birthday and I did a full birthday review like I do every year. Here's a little write-up of my process.
  2. Lots of friend dates, a podcast club discussion on friendship... but we'll talk about that another time
  3. I got all my work goals done.
  4. I finally tried out a barre180 class and as a result, I moved fitness clubs.
  5. Tried three new recipes, one for book club.

Could have been better things
  1. I feel like I missed out on some of winter :(
  2. Only had 1 walk
  3. I'm feeling a bit...weird about friendship. So yes, I need to write about that podcast!

What I learned
 This :)

 

How was your August?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia,

    Totally unrelated, but would like to know, what camera and lens do you shoot with? My husband has gotten me slightly interested in the photography realm and I am keen to know your take on it all as I know what an avid and awesome (by the way) photographer you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess!

      I use a Canon and 97% of the time I use the lens it came with. When I'm playing with flowers in my garden, I use my 2.8 mm lens (for the nice blurry background) and when I want to sneak pics of the kids I use my zoom lens :)

      Delete
    2. Ah, awesome. Thank you for sharing :) I may lean on you for some tips and tricks.

      Delete
  2. Blogging is so a mood thing, and that's okay. You got to do what works for you. Re the time thing...it seems today has been my day of seeing truths I can't see in blog posts -_-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had an insight! What was it for you?

      Delete
  3. I don't don't what happened to August. I know we were at the begginging of the August and then suddenly it was September. So not good!!! That said I did get a couple of kitchen cupboards and drawers cleaned up. So glad about that as these spaces were driving me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our birthdays is what happened :)

      Yay for those cupboards. oh, I keep forgetting but this has reminded me. Please can you suggest the best Tupperware to store ProVita in. I can't seem to find anything suitable and I hate wasted space in a container.

      Delete
  4. Yes the less you blog the less you blog! And isn't the same with most things we do! August was ok! Busy as always but like Terisha said it sped fast and already it is mid september!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm just seeing your comment now (some don't come through to my email) two months later

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails