Friday, May 23, 2014

I'm obsessed with the fitbit



So yesterday I saw a post on Elise's site and I so loved her review I decided there and then I need one of these things.

Of course we have to pay much more for them in South Africa but I decided for all those lovely stats and things (and you know I'm super motivated by numbers), I have to have one.

I've used pedometers very successfully in the past (amazing how just wearing something makes you park far away from the shopping centre entrance and take stairs voluntarily!!!) and currently use a sleep app. I will be writing about that again soon on the other blog because there are some unintended consequences of having your phone under your pillow.

Nevertheless, I was crunching numbers left right and centre...
  • we get 20% back if we buy at the istore
  • what do I have in the discovery mall (a measly R65)
  • what do I have in ebucks (R408)

and I'm busy buying one now.... except.... I decided half way (once I'd paid the ebucks) that I want it in teal instead of lime.

And of course, I now have a support ticket into their people :)

Things are never straightforwad with me (I call it "making life interesting").



Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity & Sleep Wristband - Teal
What are you obsessed with at the moment?

PS I thought about getting it for my birthday (to Marcia from Marcia) but instant gratification won. So I'm calling it my "Congrats on your Freedom" gift :)

13 comments:

  1. Let us know what difference you notice with the fitbit.....
    PS..Nice blog by Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I will have to google this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:32 pm

    I'm obsessed with Game of Thrones. Am busy watching Season 2 and cannot wait to get to Season 3 and 4! OBSESSED!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My former boss uses it and he loves it. He used to take the stairs just to rack up steps per day plus he's a long distance runner.

    I started using the ni.ke+ app and I have to say it makes a huge difference. Maybe I'm a visual person afterall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps: I'm a bit obsessed with walking but a bit just because I can't afford to put too much strain on my knee and ankle

      Delete
  5. Oh, the dreaded Instant gratification ;)
    What color did you order it in?
    Glad you bought it. I am obsessed with my Polar FT4.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to read this then... http://techgirl.co.za/2014/05/20/fitness-trackers-bands-wear-three/

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I read that post I instantly though of you sleeping on your phone! I was half tempted to try one but I have an iPhone 4 and it syncs with 4S and above. :( I know I'd be too lazy to download info manually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a fun gadget to have. I also see you more in teal than lime. ;-)

    Current obsessions...mmmm...I'm trying to liven up my cooking a bit. So far so good. Tried pan fried steak this week for the firstvtime in yeeeeears...Nicola loved it (as did I), and dinner was ready in something ridiculous like 5 minutes. What's not to love about that?!

    I'm properly sick at the moment. It's going to go one of two ways. Either I'll be fine by Monday or I'll have full blown lung infection. At least it's moved to my lungs from my head...I love being able to swallow and breathe at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I went with the Jawbone UP 24. I love it! I just haven't posted on it yet. Have fun with your new toy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Fitbit One and really like it, except I'm always forgetting to charge it. So it works great for 4 or 5 days then tells me I need to charge it and I forget and it sits in a drawer for the next week. But it is really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been thinking about getting one for the longest time. I think it may need to be a birthday gift from me to me.
    Current obsessions? Mmmm...sleepwear. Flannels, fluffy gowns and slippers. I go to the shops just to check out what's in the sleepwear range. Also. Boots. Because winter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one! I got it to review a few months back- I am bad at remembering to wear it every day, though if I know I'll be walking a lot I tend to put it on. I'm jealous of your teal band, mine is boring black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails