Monday, March 25, 2013

Adventures in small plate eating

In the 3 weeks I've been on Weigh-Less, I've lost exactly 2 kg.

0.8, 1 kg and this last week 0.2 kg.



I thought I ate better but then I remembered:
  1. 2 boerewors rolls (Sat and Thurs)
  2. 1 Taste of Asia dinner with quite a bit of oil (Tues)
  3. work breakfast (pictured above) (Wed)
  4. 1 biryani which was so, so good (Wed)
  5. 3 slices of pizza for lunch one day (Fri)
  6. the usual Easter egg chocolate here and there...
So actually a 0.2 kg loss is FANTASTIC!

This week I'm back to basics which for me means planning. And not exceeding my personal Weigh-Less boundary of not more than 4 meals off track.

Especially in light of the upcoming chocolates and hot cross buns... Have you guys seen those chocolate hot cross buns at Woolies?!!!
What has worked so far for me?
  1. only having 3 cups of tea a day (hard!!!!)
  2. drinking all my water
  3. 1 slice of bread at lunch - I find I actually don't miss that second slice
  4. afternoon apple and yoghurt - I eat an apple while driving home on gym days
  5. eating off a smaller plate (no jokes)
Which Easter treats are your weakness? Do you allow your kids to go wild with the chocolate on Easter?

6 comments:

  1. Well done on your weight loss! I actually can't eat off a big plate. I feel so greedy when I do that.
    Not really that big on Easter treats. I have a hot cross bun with cheese. Does that count? Maybe one chocolate if I really feel for it. We buy our kids one chocolate. Our families go all out. I told them to please not do that this year. I really hope that they will listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That seems like good steady loss three weeks in a row. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done :) 2kg is awesome!

    Well I don't eat chocolate or the hot cross buns so I used to have sweets as my little treat :)

    Yip the kids go wild - usually not from us but from grannies. We do limit it though as much as we can but David is a choc-a-holic so very hard to follow the "do as I say and not as I do" rule!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done - it's awesome. And I love those Woollies choc hot cross bun things. I let them go but i general they actually do not eat that much. The will put their stash away and eat some the next few weeks until done. I love that they fo that but I think it is a result of our sweetie policy - knowing that if you save some it will be there in future - you do not have to eat it all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great so far.
    I've not seen the chocolate hot cross buns at Woolworths but it's not something I am having nor Easter eggs. Kids had their one Easter egg last weekend and that's it. Easter eggs are so expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We eat a lot of hot cross buns and this year I only bought one box of marshmallow Easter eggs and it is not opened yet. So we are much better with our indulgences this year.

    P.S Do you make pickled fish?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails