Wednesday, November 09, 2016

I am completely beside myself


I've been glued to the news sites for most of yesterday.

Usually when I work from home I'm super productive (I'd say about 3 X what I am at the office). Yesterday, I got done what I'd get done here.

That's because of this election.

I even woke early this morning to follow the news.

I said to a friend that I'm not even an anxious person but I was feeling such anxiety.

Turns out I was right.

What in the heck?

I actually cannot believe the result.

Who are these people and what was their motivation?

I got to the office and someone here says they're moving to the US (as a joke). Two of us set him straight and said you're black and a foreigner - not sure you're welcome there.

I feel like this is a nightmare that I'm to wake up from.

I can't imagine actually living in the US right now.

What's going through your head right now?

6 comments:

  1. Should we laugh or cry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup...they were really between a rock and a hard place...I mean Trump the bigot and racist and Hillary who is truly an evil woman who believe in abortions right up to the ninth month of pregnancy. It is good to remember that God is still in control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure that is really the case. Yes democrats are pro choice but a Christian magazine reported years ago that actually abortions are less during democratic rule as they provide more support for single moms than republicans who claim to be pro-life. An American friend who is a Christian missionary shared this information this week which actually had me trumped (yes I did that )

      Delete
  3. I am physically sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynette. With respect, I think you should check your facts about Hillary's position on abortion before making statements like this. I am a South African living in the USA and have followed this election very closely so I am quite well positioned to say, respectfully, that I think your comment is uninformed and unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually had a good cry with my American colleague. Half of my family lives in America so I feel a great connection . But it is what it is. Electoral vote vs what the populace wans

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails