Friday, May 26, 2017

{Friendship Friday} Old friends


Hey, we haven't done one of these for a long time.

I'm in a weird space with friendship. It might be just this time of year but I don't think so.

On the one hand I feel like I'm too busy with friends. That's actually true because I updated my diaries and such two nights ago and with one week left of May, I'd already had NINE socials. And we're not even having book club in May!

Then again, on the other hand, I feel like I'm just not busy at all.

I suspect that this feeling of space in my life is a God-sized hole for ministry! :)


Anyway, as I continue to pray about it, pray with me if you're the praying sort.

Back to the friends.

I've had a couple of old friend encounters lately. Over 9 days, I had 3 "old friend" encounters which was a real blessing.
  • One friend and I met up after two years. And I recommend the fish tacos at Doppio Zero if you're not too hungry - delish!
  • One friend and I ran into each other at church after probably about 4 years.
  • And then while another friend and I were walking to the parking area in a mall after having lunch together, I ran into my old hairdresser after 7 years.

Wow.

It was so nice.

spying on these 3 from the stairs ;)


And the interesting thing for me was that I just held all these encounters loosely. I didn't feel the need to get out the diaries and schedule time together again. I enjoyed the time together and left on a good note. Very unlike me.

We've spoken on this blog before about how, if you see someone in public, some of us will say hello and others just pretend to not see. ;)

For me, I would feel more awkward ignoring (or pretending to ignore) someone than just going to speak to that person.

What about you? Would you go up and talk to the person?
And do you feel the need to invest if you haven't seen a friend for a long time, or do you hold these experiences loosely?

On a lighter note, what do you have planned for the weekend?

PS I have a date with D, and I plan to read and finish our book club book!

6 comments:

  1. I will go up to person and talk to them...hubby will pretend to not have seen them, which I find a tad strange.
    This weekend is all about my HB. Time for us to get on the same page, cuddle and make sure Mama and HB know where we stand together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, enjoy that time with HB - they are small for so short a time :)

      Delete
  2. I will always go to someone - always

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I most likely will walk up but then it really depends on my mood. And I will hold the experience loosely but then again it really depends on the situation and

    Weekend is the usual, though it started with gifts wrapping tonight, road to 2017KM , swimming lesson, kid's party, church, hair, cook for the week and if I feel up to it need to sort out k's bookshelf just need to figure out how to organize it I think I need to troll Pinterest and reading a book for 7-9 year olds that I bought for Y's niece need to make sure it is kid appropriate :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails