Friday, November 11, 2011

Best of times, worst of times aka Five on Friday


Yesterday was an ...interesting day.

  1. Politically in SA, something happened which is just fabulous. And hopefully I will never hear that specific person spouting off nonsense ever again :)
  2. Something happened at work that I can't talk about because I'm not allowed to but it is terrible news. I was crying (here) while blinking at my desk and then thank goodness, I had outside meetings so could leave the office and cry properly in the car. The terrible news is not going away but it should all become clear in the next 3 weeks and then I can talk about it. I also hate when people are vague but I really take what I say/ promise seriously. Sorry to keep you in the dark.
  3. After my outside meetings, I had to go to a focus group (which I LOVE!) and it was fabulous. I love hearing what real people say about our company and industry ... and intended product. The feedback from all 7 groups so far is just fantastic.
  4. I hate it when things happen that I have to blog (time-dependent events) because I have all these things on my mind and I really want to talk about them. Like friendship. Oy - I have about 5 posts in my mental drafts :) And my Google Reader is bulging with 107 items after I cleared about 50 last night.
  5. I actually can't believe I'm the only one that scared to upset the children's evening routine by not taking them out in the evenings. Am I really the only one? I'm going to look at it that I'm "special" instead of "bad different" because

and quite frankly, I've had enough joy stolen yesterday :) But enough about me, how was your week?

12 comments:

  1. I am with you. I hope that I do not hear that specific person spouting off nonsense again.
    I am sorry to read that you got some bad news at work. My prayers go out to you.
    Enjoy the weekend. I know that this would be perhaps difficult after you got the bad news from work but try. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had bad news at work.
    And I fully agree with you about the political issues.

    Yes, I also have miles to blog about but at the moment my time is so tight. See, no blogpost yet today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts on that SA political figure... "You are the weakest link. Goodbye!"

    Sorry to hear about the bad news at work. I hope that it ends up being less terrible than expected. And I hope this weekend is a good one for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that quote, Marcia! Definitely a great reminder this Friday morning. :)

    I'm sorry for the strife at work...hope everything works itself out.

    But I love focus groups, too! Always such great insight to hear "real" people talking about your brand / services.

    And you are not the only "special" one afraid to upset your kiddos' nighttime routine! :) We go out to eat, but it's always well within our schedule. I RARELY dare to deviate, even a bit. The last time was on Halloween, and - even with all the excitement - I still had the girls in bed only 15 minutes late. :) I am NOT messing with a good thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never compare parenting! As long as you are doing what is keeping YOU sane ...and your kids mentally/physically healthy - then all is good :) Hope your weekend is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your mental ramblings! it's totally OK to break the kids out of their bedtime routine. give it a try! the first time it will feel absolutely illegal to you but that gives the outing such a thrill to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like upsetting the childrens routine in the evenings but I am not afraid to do it if I need to. I am not afraid to push the boundaries to see what they can manage etc. There is always a test run and there is usually quite a bit of planning involved.
    Sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Also have a bulging gr. Am catching up.
    And btw I just LOVE that quote.x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are totally special and not bad. You have a job. Your husband has a job. You guys need routines, and if not bringing the kids somewhere in the evenings keeps your family to the routine so life flows smoothly, then you are doing what is absolutely best for your kids and family.

    I can be more flexible because I don't have a job. If I want to keep my kids up until midnight and sleep until noon, I can- so we've never even HAD a routine.

    There is no right way or wrong way to parent with stuff like this.

    You are a great mom for doing what works to keep everyone happy and healthy in your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My weeks has been busy. For someone who is supposed to be retired, I sure have been busy, but with good things. Work can be so trying at times, it makes you wonder what the people on top are thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup...I think we are all relieved that some serious discipline was applied to that man.

    This week has been busy, still busy with the auditors and I don't think I will ever catch up with all the dreaded paperwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate crying over work shit...if it's that bad, I'm so sorry.

    I hate disrupting the Crazies' nighttime schedule, but it's usually worth it if it's something special. They're still maniacs when it comes time for sleep on those nights, but you live with it. Can't keep them on a perfect schedule forever, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually think we'll end up hearing more of this "genius" now that he's not on anyone's leash anymore...but I could be wrong. *fingers crossed*

    Hope whatever's upset you isn't too serious and that you're okay.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails