Monday, September 09, 2013

The kids' new bedroom


I've always said we don't have the space to move the kids into the bigger 2nd bedroom because where would all the stuff from the study go.

But then I thought about it and just decided it had to get done. This was on the last Sunday morning in July.

I got very scientific about it, got out some graph paper and my tape measure.

I measured both rooms and drew them out to scale (it felt like standard 8 Geography before I switched back to Accounting for my "easy A"). Measured all the furniture, drew those on cardboard and then I could move my little pieces around the rooms.

And the plan was put into place.

This was the 2nd bedroom/ study before...one day in April (the box has work stuff in it) when I was in the midst of a photo project. You can see the photo albums on the extended table.



And this is the after obviously at a better time of day too (11 am - second pic - I'd just returned from gym, had breakfast and decided to get with the programme because the light was good)





the reading couch moved from the sunroom
another angle
the big mess that still needs to be sorted
I want to get rid of that old computer but D is rather attached. It does still work...

So there you have it - moved!

However, I still have a bed in my sunroom...

18 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:20 pm

    omg. i love it. LOVE it.

    also. you know what i find interesting? in my neck of the woods people would put the heads at the wall and it looks like you have the heads of the bed into the room, is that right? :) how interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh right! Normally their heads are at the wall BUT it's been winter and D is super OCD about being near the windows.

      In a few weeks' time I'll change the pillows around and they can sleep "properly" again

      Delete
  2. Love the colour, what shade of green is it? It's a huge room. What's their verdict? Love it or would they rather be in their old room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the most divine green - I just went to look for you and it's called Whispering Green :) It's from Universal Paint.

      Delete
  3. Your old study is PERFECT for them. I would just get rid of the bed. And the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How ridiculously huge is this room?

    Could you let the kids make use of the computer? Once they start school they'll turn into little tech savvy children.

    And if that dresser is all the clothing storage you have, no wonder your cupboards are packed with clothes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, techically, yes, but you know me - I'm verrrry old-fashioned with technology.

      We have wardrobes on the other side of the room too. I didn't even take a pic - too boring but I'll take an iphone one for you and send it :)

      Delete
  5. That's an enormous room! So perfect for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the room! Lots of space to play around

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to laugh at the drawing it all on graph paper! I think my D would love it if I did that! LOL normally what happens is while we are watching a movie on TV I start rearranging in my head and then just get up and do it - my family hate it! It is usually while everyone is trying to chill and I am barking orders to move stuff :)

    LOVE the windows in this room - so much gorgeous light!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:48 am

    Its awesome!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this room has so much light!! Love it! I am thinking of moving our main bedroom into the room next to ours, a little bigger, only problem is that I need to paint it, it is still in the pink colour from the previous owners... And if I paint the room I would want to paint the cupboards...so BIG project waiting there ;-)

    Love the colour in this room, its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty! I bet I wouldn't need friends to come over and tell me where to put the furniture if I used graph paper... but I do so like having friends over. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Do their beds turn into bunks?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely and spacious. They are going to be happy there.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh, I love it! Obviously, I am very behind on reading posts...I think this is from when we were at the beach. I absolutely love how big this room is. I would love to have space for a table, etc to spread my own stuff out to work on.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails