Wednesday, March 18, 2015

I'm a girl who likes a project



I realised the other day I have many projects on the go this year (besides the business of life stuff and running the workshops):
  1. 52 photos of my kids, one every Sunday - going well
  2. 52 walks - I've done 13 already so we're ahead of our goal
  3. 70 books for the year - I've finished 11
  4. 25 recipes to try - I've done 5
  5. 52 pieces of mail - I've sent about 12 
  6. 6 Love Languages workshops - I really hate asking for help but I'm asking anyway. If you know of anyone who has not been to a love languages talk and is the slightest bit interested, please send them my way. I will also travel if you will get at least 8 people together!

And then there's the #doorsofjhb series. It's no secret I love doors with a mad passion.
Mandy sent me a link on Facebook of a guy who's taken 3000 pics of doors in NYC and my brain started whirring.

A few days later I made a doors folder on my computer and dragged all the door pics in there... and then the next day I went on a photo hunt looking for those doors.

I'm having fun! But I realised the project should have been called #gatesofjhb because there are very, very few doors one can see from the street. Instead we can take pics of our 6 ft high security gates :)

Tell me about your projects for this year.

Oh, here are the first 4 photos of the kids' #the52project.




8 comments:

  1. The only project I have this year is to start on my photo wall in the passage...I have been planning it for two years and still not a single item on the wall (insert eye roll).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may not say it out loud but I do have a few- Start painting again- 1 down, one half. Cook new recipes - one a month - 2 down, need one for March, Catch up on Project life, the usual 36 books and then the big goal - live a bit easier - have a bit more time for ourselves. This is sort of going ok

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have far too many projects ;) LOL!
    I'm doing a 52 week photo project, and I'm aiming to run 12 half marathons this year.
    That's enough for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so a project kind of gal. Just cannot resist them... if it is called a project then I will surely get it done. It's all in the name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm smitten with the door project! Just today I was scoping out houses, sadly the 'burbs have plain doors. :/

    And my only serious project this year is to keep my head above water! Some days that's quite the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is "just survive the year" a project?

    No seriously - I would love to get my parenting workshops off the ground and our blogging events/conference and there are a few smaller ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am aiming to run 8 half marathons this year. And I am toying with extending my distances to include a 32km run before the year is out... I also need to complete my photo wall at home and I am dying to paint a feature wall in a lovely TEAL colour in our downstairs lounge...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. My photo projects - monday selfie and a daily picture of K! So far doing great on both. Aim to run/walk 100km per month (March is proving to be difficult because I've been lazy). Jan and Feb were good race wise.

    Do at least 10-12 10km official races. One down, one this weekend. 8/10 more to go. finish photo books of K's first year pictures. 3 done already. And read more - 4 NF and 12 Fiction. I've read 4 books this year. I started reading 2 and I'm not feeling both, and I'm battling because I'm a finisher but I need to move on and read other things

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails