Friday, December 01, 2017

Cheers from this upholder!

This space hasn't been sparking joy for me for a long time.

We all know that nobody reads normal blogs any more and if I'm sharing, I feel like I want others to share too otherwise I'm speaking into the ether (kind of like how I've always hated Twitter). And I still really like my time investment to be worthwhile.

But for some reason, possibly my Upholder-ness, I felt like I needed to continue since I started blogging 11 years ago. This is post 2420. Way too much talking.

However, here's the great thing.

Since I read the Four Tendencies, I realised that this is an Upholder thing - this continuing with a self-imposed goal even when it no longer makes sense.

And interestingly, that was all the awareness I needed to stop doing many things in my life.

One of which is blogging here. I briefly entertained the idea of ending this year first but why have another random date in the future.

I'll be sharing life (mini-blogs!) on my personal Instagram so those on Instagram can connect with me there @marcia0608 or on my OrganisingQueen feed.

And of course, I'm still blogging over at OrganisingQueen if you are interested in living life more intentionally, goals, organising and so on.

The nice thing is that the friendship containers that exist outside of the blog are still there so now I get to connect with friends in real life/ on the phone when we want, which actually sounds quite.... perfect.

13 comments:

  1. Awww, this is sad to read. Your posts here are a different side of you than what you share on Organising Queen.

    But as you said, no joy so why uphold it. Does this mean more whatsapp things now? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, definitely not for Whatsapp but Instagram is my happy place!

      Delete
  2. Wow... big decision... when you make decision, you go for it!!! Good for you... I am sure you have totally thought this through and you are totally happy with it... I like this space that you created, it is packed with memories... onwards and upwards to new adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is packed with memories, I agree! But life changes and I'm thrilled I'm moving quicker than I did in the past (this time only 2 months from awareness to decision and action, last time 11 months!)

      Delete
  3. That's HUGE! A bit sad that the old bloggers are slowly fading away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't faded anywhere; I'm just not writing *here* anymore.

      Delete
  4. What!!!! This is a big deal!!!! But I know you don’t make decisions lightly so it is well thought through!!!

    Ps: Twitter is more these days since the introduction of 280 characters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to see you stop - but I do keep up with Instagram. I've just found life so overwhelming the last few years, that so much has fallen to the wayside of not enough time, energy, brain. But I do have to agree. After the stroke 2 months ago, I'm looking at what I do and saying, "But why am I stressing myself over this?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://almutamayiz.com/%d8%b4%d8%b1%d9%83%d8%a9-%d9%83%d8%b4%d9%81-%d8%aa%d8%b3%d8%b1%d8%a8%d8%a7%d8%aa-%d8%a8%d8%a7%d9%84%d8%af%d9%85%d8%a7%d9%85/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails