Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Three quick things


I haven't written here since Friday and even though it's late and I should be getting to bed, I miss this space.

So this is going to be a quick one - let's aim for 5 minutes :)

1. When I did my October goals review and I saw that we only went for walks twice the entire month (both in Sept and Oct), I decided that was definitely not acceptable.

So we've been on 6 walks in November so far and we have but 3 to go before we reach our goal of #52walksin2015.

How long this good streak is going to last is anyone's guess because it is blazing hot here.


I know I say this every summer but truly, THIS is the hottest summer I can remember Jhb having in the 22 years I've lived here.

I'm drinking my favourite drink, cold water with a slice of lemon, and I allow myself one glass of Slimsy (berry or lemon/ lime) at night, since tea is off the agenda.

2. Together with the hot summer, we have had almost no rain for over two months so we are in a drought situation.

It's quite crazy! 

I am a water nazi anyway but we're upping the ante. If I catch someone leaving a running tap, I've threatened to remove a star. We've put bricks in the cistern, etc. I have to flush all "business" but I'm happy to make it a quick flush.

How are you doing with water restrictions?


3. And then, two exams:

I have my Spanish exam and my industry one in the next two weeks.

I'm looking forward to the one exam and, well, looking forward to not studying after the other one is done :) Because then I can finish editing all my photos, properly sort out the study. It is tidy, but I haven't done my annual filing and I want to sort out goals for the year and start thinking about next year.

Are you thinking about next year yet?

PS there is a street I HATE because every single house has crazy dogs. I had to take a pic of this one with its 5 dogs! 
PPS this post took 14 minutes to write


19 comments:

  1. This heat is driving me nuts! I am in a serious sulk about the no rain situation too. Storms are my favourite, as you know...and this is supposed to be our rainy season. This coming weekend we're off to Nylstroom (was booked in Feb already)...I checked, they had 42'C there yesterday!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only person who was must flush all business, thanks for letting me know I'm not. We're doing ok-ish in the Cape, but am doing all the water saving tricks we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I can't stand any loo smells - I'm super fussy but we flush and pull up the handle :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh I love summer in general and am still relatively ok with the heat. But the drought and the no rain is really getting to me, Part of my summer love is not just the warmer temperatures but also the rain - I love rain. I am seriously missing the rain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had about 10 minutes rain last night, and I hear the clouds threatening now too.....

      Delete
  4. Hope you get some nice rain soon!
    Loved the dogs pic. I have a house with 3 of them near my house and they bark and take me by surprise every time I pass by...I have to remember to cross the street so I can avoid the sudden scare! :)

    Alina
    www.eclecticalu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We can't wait for the rain.

      I know! Just tonight, Kendra had such a big fright she nearly started crying! :(

      Delete
  5. it is hot! have been swimming every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do hope you get rain soon...I am amazed when I look at the weather reports and see the sweltering heat in your neck of the woods. All the rain seem to be falling in PE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we need those thundershowers to just cool it down generally, let alone during a heatwave!

      Delete
  7. We have no water since Monday afternoon. Not a drop. They have set up tankers with water around the suburb but it is so difficult to go fetch water, then carry it up the stairs to our house, boil the water to bath.etc And we have not yet been told what the reason is for there being no water nor when it will be restored. So frustrating. And then when you drive to a neighbouring suburb there are people who have their sprinklers on during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY WORD! That's terrible - I suppose you're bathing at the gym but that is no good for normal "ablutions" at home!

      Delete
  8. Feel you Terisha... we are in the same situation as you. Are you on the FB page...lots of speculations... Apparently pipes started filling but its dropped again...so tired of that areas water issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natasha, Its terrible hey! What facebook page are you on? I have joined the Sunnyridge neighbours group just yesterday to see if we could get better updates. (we live in Sunnyrock and are only getting vague updates via a whatsapp group). So tired of it too.

      Delete
    2. Gosh guys, I really didn't know there were areas who had no water!

      Delete
  9. I've never liked heat and this must be the hottest spring I've ever witnessed. Scared to think of what the temps would be in summer.

    I was complaining it was 36C and my uncle told me it was 42C in Botswana, dams dried up so little to no water and no electricity :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh I am so bad with the water thing. We don't waste but I also am not really doing much to conserve. It sounds like a cop out but honestly I just don't have the focus and time to remember to worry about it. Its the same with the electricity. Some days I remember, most days I forget though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails