Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Creative boundaries


I decided to do a few short-term, creative projects this year.





Short-term, because I get bored quickly, and creative because I realised while goal-setting last weekend that I miss my year of create. 2012 really was a fantastic year of trying things and stepping out.

So this month - Feb - I want to use only 5 photos in every post I publish on this blog. Call me out if I forget!



This practice is hopefully going to do two things:

1) instill the discipline to continue this habit for the rest of the year, and
2) help me to become more ruthless with the photos that are my actual favourites. I noticed that my Marcia faves folders have been increasing in size year by year...and I want to get back to choosing ONE beautiful picture of a sunset, not five from different angles :)

Tell me about your creative projects for the year.
How do you feel about having boundaries with your creativity?
(I think it increases the creativity but I want to hear from you)

9 comments:

  1. My creative stuff tends to be blog posts and cooking...so I don't think it's going that well or all that creatively, But it's ok for now.

    Ps. 5 photos is a lot to me, so I figure it should be easy for you to do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the last 4 years I have severely neglected my creative self. I used to paint ceramics and mosiac and do a lot of creative things now I don't have the time for those things as they are heavily time intensive and that is in short supply in my home. That said I have undertaken to bake each of my family birthday cakes in the year - one down, two to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one creative home project. I must complete the revamp of Bianca's bedroom, the guest room and my scrap studio. That should be done by the end of this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to do lots of creative stuff - but that is the usual for me. Getting to them is the issue. I want to paint more this year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh I would do only creative stuff if time allowed - I am busy on a frame for our room - hopefully D can hang it for me next weekend!!!
    Being creative helps me recharge and focus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Photo stuff and music. There's a high school close to us that does LOADS of adult education short courses for cheap. Am going drumming and guitaring in term 2 because I've just missed term 1 cutoff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And knitting of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goal this year is to complete all my half done projects. I started to mosaic a garden water feature 2 years ago and never completed it. So I put it on my goals for February. I also want to do at least 1 scrapbook page a week. Seeing my completed scrapbook page brings me so much joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that kitchen in the 4th photo. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails