Friday, June 23, 2017

Which 5 things are always in your fridge or pantry?


There's quite a lot swirling around my brain (a death of someone I used to do ministry with this week; another divorce; too much work) all of which just stops me in my tracks.

Instead, let's chat about a fun topic like we did in this post.

This question is from the Shauna Niequist podcast but I'm going to tell you 5 food in
I'm going to break it down since that's the way my mind works.



Things I always have in my fridge:
  1. Granny Smith apples
  2. Cheese
  3. Eggs
  4. Yoghurt
  5. Orange juice


That sounds quite boring but it's true - I always have those things. On the rare occasions when I'm sick and I have no appetite, I know I can always eat a yoghurt and apple to be able to take my meds.
 
In fact, Tsh used to ask on her podcast if you had to choose one type of food for the rest of your life, what would you eat? I can't say for sure - some days I think Thai, some days I think Mexican, some days I think Italian.

What about you? What would you eat for the rest of your life?



Things I always have in my pantry:
  1. pasta
  2. cans of tomato 
  3. many, many litres of long-life milk
  4. rice
  5. a can of baked beans/ sweetcorn/ kidney beans/ tuna, etc.
So I can always whip up some supper!

What's always in your fridge or pantry?

PS Connor's list of his 10 favourite foods:
  1. sweet things
  2. curry/ biryani
  3. eggs
  4. pizza
  5. jasmine rice
  6. pasta
  7. juice
  8. water
  9. cucumber
  10. cauliflower

5 comments:

  1. Pasta, rice and many, many litres of long-life milk is what you'll find in my pantry as well. We always have yoghurt and eggs in the fridge. Suppose that explains the many trips to the shops before going home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cupboards sound very similar - I'm sure you'll be right at home cooking here :)

      Delete
  2. You saw my pantry. Not the tidiest it's been. Always have cans of baked beans, tomato, butter beans, pasta, rice, flour, chips, biscuits, milkshake and many litres of long life milk as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Long life milk! Nooooo. I have one for emergencies but I can taste the difference in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fridge - butter, yoghurt, water (which doesn't make sense as I have a fridge with a water dispenser), cheese and ketchup . And in winter freshly squeezed orange juice.

    Pantry - powdered milk for the husband and lactose free milk for K and I, pasta, flour, sugar, canola oil, fruit infusions, beans and snacks. We always have baked beans but we actually don't eat


    Ps: sorry about the death and hope work has eased up a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails