Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Reading, reading, reading

Before I tell you about my May books, please tell me if you're on Goodreads....

And if you are, do you use the stats feature? 

Click on My Books, and then Read, and then on the right, you'll see Stats.

Click and play around. If you love numbers, you'll love seeing all the lovely stats.

E.g. Most of this year's books have been read on Kindle.




Okay, onto the books in May:

Most unexpectedly delightful book ever - Sophie Kinsella's Finding Audrey (highly recommend!)

Most discussed book - The One-in-a-million Boy - Monica Wood. This was our book club read, and I also highly recommend it, but do set aside good reading time, not just before bed because you need to sink into it.

Most book with aha moments - Let it go, which is for the control freaks and recovering control freaks among us. I learned that , most notably the section on tools, toys or tangents. I should possibly write a blog post just on that section and social media, since I'm into talking about it these days.

Book I learned the most from - Eve Schaub's The year of sugar. Excellent read but it may scare you away if you love food.

Book I want to hear from people about - At home in the world. Everyone on the internet loves it and for me it was "meh". So am I weird? What is the * factor everyone is getting and not me?

Now, over to you.

Which book have you had the most learning moments from recently? Otherwise which book has been simply delightful?

10 comments:

  1. Gosh I have not read a single one of these but have heard a lot about the One in a Million boy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is completely your kind of thing - you will love it :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh the stats thing is a great thing, thanks for pointing it out Marcia :D Haven't read any of these books either. My fiction has tended towards extra light, need to balance out the academic reading going on - so that's all my learning reading :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with those palate cleansers in between heavy reading!

      Delete
  3. I had 2 fantastic reads of recent. The first was Tandia by Bryce Courtenay. It was brilliant. I couldn't put it down and even though it was over 900 pages, I flew through it. Then the 2nd one I loved the was the year of living danishly which you sent me. Also such an excellent fun book. The author did annoy me here and there, but the story itself was captivating. I didn't enjoy the one in a million boy that much as you know. I think it was the writing style that spoilt it for me, as I did love the actual plot/story. Or maybe after reading the above 2 boooks which I loved so much, this one couldn't complete. I haven't tried the stat thing. Will do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T, I just see "900 pages" and I twitch.

      I'm still puzzled how you love a book and give it a 3* rating :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. lol- I probably didn't click on the right star. I just deleted my previous comment because of a typo. Need to double check my ratings and my comments in future before hitting enter.

      Delete
  4. Not on Good Reads,and I stopped tracking reading, because I am feeling a little overwhelmed by life at the moment.
    Don't know any of those books, except the author Sophie Kinsella (Confessions of a Shopaholic).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Sophie Kinsella is very different to that series (which I also love). It really is a great read - good writing but in a different genre!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails