Monday, November 19, 2012

Summer rain

 

What is it with kids and umbrellas?

My children are fascinated by umbrellas.

The day before the photoshoot I was randomly buying everything purple (!) and since we'd been having very rainy days I decided to buy myself a purple umbrella too.

I had this in mind :)


Those of you who have been to my work know that it would have worked PERFECTLY there :)

(If I ever leave I'm sure I'll miss the building and surrounds more than the work :))

Anyway, we had some grey sky but no rain.

But the kids wouldn't let up and kept wanting to play with my R100 umbrella. No way, pumpkins.

Kendra keeps asking me why I call them pumpkin. "I don't know, Baby. I just do"

So I promised them that I'd go look for umbrellas for them.

Fortunately we had a teambuild on the Tuesday following so I went shopping instead of back to work and found these lovely red ones.

The babies were over the moon when I got back with them and happily we had a few drizzles about 10 minutes later so we tested them out.

I do love Joburg's summer rain - a usually short thundershower, just enough to cool down and to clear the air.

***************************

I was very productive at work today and hope to continue this trend the whole week. The key is, of course, no meetings :)

I've prepared my eat the frog list so I'm hoping for a similar level of productivity tomorrow.

Of course this means very little email answering and much real work doing.

However, I must admit I acted like a bit of a toddler tonight and totally threw my toys out of the cot because I am being very clear about certain things and Nanny S is either 1) blatantly ignoring me or 2) confused and not wanting to ask.

I have a little problem with her - if she's unclear she either doesn't do anything or just does her own thing. But she NEVER sends me an sms. I freaked out two months ago because she didn't check with me on a medicine issue. Fortunately it was just Panado but it could have been an issue.

Just to be clear it wasn't an airtime issue because I put extra in her phone for these intermittent texts to me.

The issue is not the bags or the clothes or the toys (although in a sense it is because I seem to be the only one who bothers to organise and check if all the puzzles are there, etc) but the fact that I've mentioned this before and I want my kids to take care of their stuff with her guidance when I'm not there.

Anyway, I've made a note and we'll have a chat tomorrow.

Of course I spent about 30 minutes decluttering a whole laundry basket of toys, and then organising, and then because I was cross, I cooked another meal (potato lentil curry - mmm) and I sorted out a shelf. Being cross is very good for my house!

But now, friends, I need to get to bed seeing as I'm being responsible *ahem* with the internet...

How was your Monday?

In case you haven't realised, I love the rain. Love, love, LOVE it! The more dramatic (grey skies, thunder, lightning), the better :)

Do you like the rain?

PS I automatically think you're my kind of person if you love rain :)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. I do so love rain. LOVE IT! The ladies are itching for umbrellas but I just see weapons. I never use one myself, I don't even own one, but still they insist.

    As for my Monday, I unexpectedly gained a nephew so I'm sulking like a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove the rain! I'm with you, the darker and nastier the weather, the better. Kids & umbrellas get me every time. A & M have matching umbrellas, coats, and rain boots that I desperately hope will fit for another year. We haven't had enough opportunities to use them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rain :) Storms terrify me but the rain I love.

    PLEASE may you send me your lentil and potato curry recipe!! I have to find things for D to eat using lentils!!

    What is an eat the frog list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, I just linked the potato lentil curry post :)

      Here is the link where I talk about eat the frog: http://www.takechargesolutions.org/products/member-downloads/articles/organise-it-eat-your-frog/

      And the form I reference is in the welcome pack when you sign up at http://www.purposefultimemanagement.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks Marcia :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, I adroe the rain. There is nothing better than summer rains. I had to smile - you remember my recent post about how much C wanted an umbrella - they LOVE them.

    I wish I could do like you when angry. I tend to shut myself in a corner and read. Not good for my house

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work would really work very well for that umbrella shot! I love the rain too...in fact I'm wishing for some right now because it's so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the umbrellas you have bought for the twins. They look so happy with those umbrellas of theirs :) Yes, kids just love umbrellas. I personally don't use one and don't own one as well. I hate having to climb into my car and then to get wet while trying to close the umbrella outside the car while I sit in the car. Grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I loved the rain too. That is until we had 14 days of solid rain that just wouldn't let up. Now, I am so over it.

    The photos of your two with the umbrellas are way cute. I love it that you get so productive when you are cross...I just get cross;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the rain (as long as I'm not caught in it). Though considering the heat, rain would be such a welcome respite right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails