Thursday, November 01, 2012

It's addictive, I tell you

Let's just say I've been taken by surprise that it's the beginning of another month.



A person at work said she'd be able to deliver in the first week of December and I started thinking, "so long????" and then I looked at my calendar and realised it's only 4 weeks away. Crikey.

So while I'm slogging away at work, I'm dreaming about pics like this:


doesn't a beach umbrella just scream "summer"? :)


the babies look so small!

and this was only 9 months ago!

It doesn't help that it's ice-cold here and we're in jerseys, long pants and closed shoes. With electric blankets on. My toes haven't seen the light of day for weeks :)
I'll post my goals on Saturday but all things considered October was not a bad month. Actually it was great because I was not in the hospital like last year!

My brother's here for a few days on his way to PE from Korea. My mother doesn't know because he wanted to surprise her... but she hates surprises... He'll be home for 3 months and is then going to Japan for a year.

Tomorrow I have a lovely friend from the UK visiting for a very short 1.5 hours but we will make every minute count.

I decided enough is enough with my computer so I went to buy a laptop yesterday. Nothing fancy; I'm into functional at the moment.

I left my own computer there too so they could copy over all my data (all 70 GB he tells me :)) so last night when I got back from supper with yet another friend, there was "nothing" to do so I decided to tackle a bookshelf. I ended up doing two. Only decluttered 5 books overall but everything is beautifully categorised.

I'm on a roll now. I think I'll tackle the last two shelves tomorrow . My goal is to go from 5 shelves to 3 by Aug next year. I'm already down to 4 from last week when I decluttered 23 books and I had a glance at the other two shelves - I'm mostly unattached to a lot of those so it should be easy to let go of at least 10 - 15. But more than that I have (at the moment) 44 unread books - physical ones - plus about 20 on the Kindle.
Can you tell the last book I read was Organized Simplicity? :)

If you have a Kindle, do you still read physical books? I'm going to have to up my quota and make sure I read 3 physical books every month otherwise I'm never going to get through that stack... and they're all books I really do want to read. Oy!

Oh, I've nearly reached my reading goal for the year :) :) Will let you know when it happens properly!

What are you addicted to, at the moment?

9 comments:

  1. I do not think I will ever stop reading book books! I love them. My favourite place is our local second hand book store - LOVE IT! I can spend R100 and get 5/6 books!!

    I am on a bit of a organising frenzy at the moment. In an attempt to get the nanny to clean better I am trying to make sure the house is actually organised. Re-packed the tupperware, baking and crockery cupboards yesterday and bought some baskets and organised the toiletries in our bathroom - I LOVE it!!!! Decluttered my dressing table and drawer as well!!

    (Sorry for the long post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will always still read physical books too. There is just nothing that compares to a book, the smell, the sound of paging... Ok, I know I am slightly odd.

    I am on a bit of an organizing streak after reading your book and worse of all Mr L's glasses are gone. Just gone - for a whole week now

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read physical books anymore. I'm all about saving trees, so the electronic ones are such a great thing for me.
    So cool that you're on an organizing spree. Enjoy it. Enjoy your weekend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love printed books - don't think I could give them up for the electronic version. Congrats on the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. At the moment I am addicted to embroidery stitching. I have been practicing ALL these stitches. I LOVE it!
    I do still read physical books - in fact I read one a month. Usually I read the physical book (mostly it's the NF stuff) at work and all kindle books at home or while I'm sitting in the Drs surgery or whatever. I have been spending WAY TOO MUCH on paper books these past few months for both kids. Am going to have to frequent 2nd hand book stores with them - the mere thought makes me want to go out and buy rubber gloves. Having said that, I don't think that I could completely give up paper books - there are some books that one just DOES NOT buy to read electronically.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:06 pm

    It's a good surprise so hopefully your mom wouldn't mind. At least I hope she wouldn't :)

    Yet to read a book electronically but for now I love my physical books.

    Addictions at the moment - chewing ice cubes (have always been addicted to it for as long as I can remember), Kettle corn popcorn (sweet and salty) and walking outdoors. I would rather walk 5km outdoors than 1km on a treadmill :)

    Mrs FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read one 'real' book since I got my Kindle, and I hated reading it like that LOL I won't go back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (Yup...when you said you're dreaming about pics like this...there isn't a pic. Ugh!) :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with your love for physical books. I love the feel and the smell of them.

    Gorgeous photos of your beauties here;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails