Sunday, November 25, 2012

You know you're having fun when you forget to blog

D wrote an email to his mother late last week about how sick both he and I had been, etc. just normal news.

Well, she offered to have the kids over for an afternoon on the weekend to give us a break and ... we took her up on it, of course.

FYI - if you ever volunteer to babysit, I'm all over that, just so you know. I'll make an arrangement there and then!

So we schlepped them all the way over there and went to the hell that is Sandton City, did a few things and then went back to get the kids.

I can't stand crowded shopping centres and I've since decided I'm only going to shop at my beloved Bedford Centre until most of Jhb goes away on holiday. And then maybe I'll venture out again. We drove around over 30 minutes in and out of about 4 entrances just to find parking...

For the locals, yes, I popped into Typo. I wasn't that impressed (maybe because of all the hype?) but also I already know where to go to get all sorts of cute stationery, both locally and on etsy *ahem*

Even through my non-impressed ness I still managed to spend something like R480 (I have expensive taste in ipad and iphone covers...).

When we went to fetch the kids, they were bathed and having supper so we had some coffee and cake, and then took the babies home.

Since they hadn't slept, they were out like lights on the drive back and D did that thing I find so attractive - carried the babies inside to their beds, one at a time.

I'm a sucker for a man with his kids!

So from before 7 pm last night til about 12.30 am we had "me time". We ate, chatted, tidied a little and then I created.

I made 4 sets of the secret thing I'm doing this year for gifts and got another 5 ready but not totally put together. MandyE is the only one who knows what I'm doing :) Sorry to be so annoying. I'll of course blog properly after mid-December.

My study was a TOTAL mess but it was worth it.

And of course, that's why I forgot to blog last night :)

How was your Saturday?

Since I can't show you those pics, here are two from the photoshoot - 45 to go :) (joke!)


 
 
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Very cute photos. I am glad you had a break and enjoyed yourselves (after getting home). I also don't do shopping centers...not even when they are quiet;-) Kobus and I usually end up with the babies so that our children can have date nights...that happened again on Friday night so last night we decided we needed a date night and went out to supper and a movie (Taken2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great day! And I LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those pictures. Breathtaking. Really. LOVE!!!

    I didn't do any Black Friday shopping, aside from ordering photos and photo gifts online. ;) But I made a run to the craft store Saturday morning to take advantage of a great coupon. It wasn't crowded at all...and so therapeutic!

    I am bad to do this sometimes...over a holiday I don't make a to-do list.

    Hope you have a great and productive Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. [Grrr...Baby A pressed enter (I guess?) when I went to help B...so here's my continuation...]

    ...no to-do list since last weekend! Ack!!! I have somehow managed to be pretty productive, though, and I have a great list for today. It's gorgeous and sunny - although pretty cool - so I'm hoping for a great day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pics. I also went to Typo on Friday and I can't say that I was sold. Maybe because I was looking for a very cheap note card and the cheapest one that they had was R89? Eish. Sorry. They do have pretty stuff though but I don't think I'm going to make the trek all the way to Canal Walk for that shop. My Saturday was lovely. It was STORMING in CT and so we stayed indoors. I re-organised my entire kitchen. Even that cupboard where we put everything that doesn't have a place! Am very proud of my productivity even though none of this was on my to-do list. Same thing today - Church and then home to tidy up and move stuff around. Am off to visit my MIL quickly and then it's reading time after the kids get into bed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:03 pm

    Lovely pictures, hope you plan to enlarge these two. Baby shoes and adult fingers just pretty. Now I'm itching to see the rest after you are done cropping the fat (cough cough)

    Glad you had a good weekend. BTW I also went into Typo and I just don't get the hype didn't think there was anything extra-ordinary enough for me to spend even a rand. But I might go back during the holidays maybe I'll see it in a new light. The home shop next to it was good though. If you think that mall was full now in another 2 to 3 weeks it would be a nightmare. I usually just park in the office as I've spent about 30 mins looking for parking once and it drove me crazy (literally). Next time you go there (which I doubt you will), you should park in D's office.

    Saturday was good but very busy and long - did an 8km walk in the rain, cooking then a surprise party for my MIL. Though all in all a good day

    Mrs FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loathe shopping centres!!!! I have 2 that I go to all the time - both I can park right at the entrance and they are quiet and easy to walk around!

    I scrapbooked yesterday and it was glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering about this Typo business. I've seen a few people raving about it and the person I have to buy for (secret santa) has something from there on her wishlist. I couldn't trcak down a local website but i got to one in aussie dollars and what looks to be a full catalogue - not blown away either. I was actually wondering if I'm missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh those photos are just darling - very cute.

    I have to say that I liked TYPO a whole lot!But then I am an addict to all things they stock

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails