Thursday, January 23, 2014

There's a reason people use professional photographers

because the kids will KILL you otherwise!

Today I had the "bright" idea to have a little photoshoot in front of this fantastic wall I found the other day. It's a nice, dark grey and would create a nice background blur if people stood still and I used the right lens, but of course, can four-year-olds actually listen and obey?

I felt quite murderous (let's be honest) because if everyone would just co-operate (Connor: "Mummy, what does that mean?"), the whole thing would be done in 5 minutes.

Anyway, just returned home from supper out and had a look through some of the photos and I think I may have to give them all some extra kisses because there are actually a few keepers.

Then again, the law of averages says when you take 597 photos in a day (some were taken this morning), there are bound to be a few good ones.

The wind was blowing so much - in the second photo, you'll see my hair is being blown straight back. My hair is a story for another day - frizzy and so horrible I cringe when I walk past a mirror.

I said to Kendra the other day, "baby, I wish I had gorgeous hair like you do" and she BEAMED! (love language - words of affirmation!)

Enjoy the photos!






Which is your favourite?
How's your week been?

PS I'm so glad I'm not in Jhb - apparently there's a heat wave! My SIL spoke to her husband who said they don't have power at their home in Pta... and haven't for the last two days!

17 comments:

  1. Love the last 2!

    I agree with you it takes a special kind of patience to photograph people and kids photography requires extra special doses of patience and creativity. I think I told you the new born shoot we had took 3 hours!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I have no intention of being a family photographer!

      Delete
  2. These are lovely :)

    This is probably why I don't take as many photos as I should/could - getting the kids to sit/stand/smile/etc is too much sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. today I tried another technique - after I was going "there" again, I said, "K, just go do what you want" and just relaxed for 10 minutes and then she was more co-operative.

      Delete
  3. Terisha10:03 am

    I love the 3rd pic. You both look very happy and that wall is a lovely backdrop. I also loved the beach and pool pics on instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I love that wall even more now that we have those photos!

      Delete
  4. Love the one of you and D and the light is so nice and soft. Beautiful pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. golden hour! we'd been going too late so that day I forced them all up and out earlier :)

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful wall!! Love the ones of you guys on the beach, hope you're going to frame that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know where we're staying, right? out the door and turn left past La Montagne, behind the lifeguard station, next to the outdoor showers :)

      Delete
  6. I remember how you told me how frustrated you get when the kids don't want to smile when they pose for photos. So the first two made me smile (not nice of me, sorry.)
    I like the last one of the two kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo, I don't care about smiling - really I don't - I just want everyone looking in roughly the same direction! I love all 4 of these!

      Delete
  7. I think they came out great! I love C's protective arm around K in the last one :) Such a sweet brother!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was in response to my "hug your sister" prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite is the first one. Holiday suits you! :-)

    Yip, hot as hell here at the moment, but it's already getting light later every morning so soon we can moan about the cold again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the one of u and D, canvas or something needs to happen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the first one and the one of you and D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails