Friday, January 31, 2014

{Friendship Friday} Robyn and the munchkins

Robyn and I first met in person on 30 Sept. I know that's the date because I remember being glad we could still squeeze it into the month despite a slight postponement to the original plan.

Then we tried to get the families together and that was impossible at the end of the year so I suggested we schedule it for this year.

Well, plan was set for a few weekends ago and they came over for lunch and a playdate.

There were a few episodes of not sharing and such.... but they eventually sorted it all out and by the end of the afternoon, were firm friends. As firm as 3 and 4-year-olds can be, that is.

Robyn's kids are SO well-mannered. I was chatting to D about L the other night and he said, "OHHHH, the well-mannered boy" so if that's the thing that sticks out, then you know. Miss H held her own with the older kids all too well and I do love a kid with some sass. She said to me, "no thanks, I don't want anything to drink, but I do want FOOD!" That's it, honey, you ask for what you want.

It was a delight to have them over and I can't wait to do it again.







my new dress and... gorgeous light!



You can read Robyn's version of the events here.

Funny, I have never invited kids over from the kids' classes but I do invite my friends and their kids over. Hmmm.

Do you invite kids over to play?

8 comments:

  1. I so love that last picture.

    LOL at H asking for food. A girl after my own heart. Why have a drink if what you really want is food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, very lovely and cute. Thank you for sharing your blog. I like reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what...your kids are fantastic if you consider how much photos you take of them...and they still humour you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I have to agree with Lynette :)

    Yip we invite friends from school over - with the older kids but I am considering doing it with Jack - he loves one little girl in his class and I like her mom so may see if we can organise something but not at our house - we don't have enough space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joshua does. I don't for Joel. I have done it before and it went badly. So I think I may try again and work on what didn't go so well the last time. Nice pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!
    We invite a bunch of school friends every year for the birthday circus, but so far none have actually ever turned up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the pics! Stunning! We have for A but not yet for the boys although in their old school we did

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that last pic of the 4 of them! We have had a play date at ours with one school friend and it went well. This is our first year inviting 6 school friends to Liam's birthday party. So far, only two parents have rsvp'd positively. So let's see! I don't try to build friendships..they must do that themselves at school, so I don't force the play date thing. After all, the beauty of having 2 (or more kids) close in age, is that they play with EACH other and don't really need "friends" until much later. But if they've really taken a liking to a little friend, then I don't mind a play date.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails