Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas 2013

Today is day 1 of 17 out of the office. I am ECSTATIC!

 I thought I'd better post Christmas photos before it's February :)

(for some reason these have uploaded in their own special order and I'm in no mood to make it chronological)

these were the placecards the kids made (the thing I'm most proud of - no intervention by me!)

My MIL "posing" K - you know I hate that, right? hence the collage so I could delete

Christmas morning

she wanted to wear one of my necklaces - poor thing - I think I should order a SHINE one for me and a Kendra one for her somewhere


these two are the best of the 50 I took and subsequently deleted...

the 2nd chicken I've ever cooked. BTW, I've now discovered the rotisserie chickens at Fournos. YUM! and cheaper than Woolies

butternut

gammon ham

my gift to myself - tip to you from me via Suzanne - always buy yourself somethng you REALLY want, wrap it properly and put under the tree. When you open gifts, there's then bound to be that ONE thing that you LOVE LOVE LOVE. Otherwise you could feel deflated (or maybe that's just the two of us... because since she told me that, I do it every year)

Granny time


i love K's expression




I ordered an A0 canvas of the NYC skyline, one I took (!!!) - let's hope my bright idea works out..... otherwise it's going to the dining room
And that was our Christmas.

What will I do differently next year?
  1. Simplify food even more or maybe do Christmas brunch?
  2. Definitely fewer presents
  3. Drag the kids outside for better pics :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos of the two of you with the littlies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly I love the pictures of K "posing" especially the one at the top right hand corner

    Christmas meals and simple seem to be mutually exclusive. I wonder why!

    That gammon looks delish! YUM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food looks DIVINE! In our families there's no such thing as simplification of Christmas lunch. Leftovers are usually AWESOME the next day. We did ONE present per kid this year and it worked out just fine - we're sticking to it from this point onwards. Less mess. Less chaos. Our families had other ideas though. Fine by me as long as the mess stays at their houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea about a gift from you to you! I think I'll definitely implement it from this year onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the posed ones - they are sweet - I wouldn't delete. ooohh the gammon looks so yummy!

    LOL I have a chicken in the oven at the moment - my go to sunday lunch meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:47 pm

    I love all the smoochy photos, too cute!
    What is this Fournos chicken you talk about? - I must investigate, because I used to love getting a woolies one but they have just become too ridiculously priced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your pictures are beautiful! And love the gift idea to yourself although my Hunter never ever disappoints

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this group of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. K is tooooo lovely in these pics!!! And that little dressy is so cute. Remember that arts and crafts set I was telling you about, it makes necklaces and bracelets.. sure you and K would enjoy doing that together and she will have her own special piece of jewellery. I know Hannah loves hers, even though I did not enjoy the crafting part AT ALL.
    Hmmmmmm, I NEEEED some of the gammon to stuff in my face now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails