Thursday, November 22, 2012

I always get a little jealous when I read about Thanksgiving...


the turkey, the mashed potatoes, the pumpkin, mmmmm :)

I just decided that I'm putting it on my bucket list!

Side note - I just mentioned it to my friend and she said she's going to do thanksgiving for me, with all the trimmings!

I love it when a plan comes together :)


But seriously, I am SOOOOOO thankful for each and every one of my readers whether you comment or not, and I'm extra grateful this year for the time I was able to spend with my extra-special friends in the USA this year :)

Honestly, that's bucket list stuff and it makes me smile every time I think about it.

And then today, just now in fact, I went to do some networking with potential job people.... and I'm so energised. I don't know if it's my E coming out to play, or that I'm really getting over the gastro, or what, but I'm on a bit of a high.

Then I spied this view and friends, I had to stop, haul out the iPad and do some photo-taking because this, THIS, is BREATHTAKING.

 
 

What are you grateful for today?
PS I checked through the disc properlyl. After some careful editing and cropping out my fat, I actually have 49 pics I can use :) 
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

  1. I have much to be thankful for. I am thankful for all the friends I have met through my blog, and being able to share in their lives. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too would have loved it if we could also have celebrated Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about a day to give thanks. Then again maybe we should be giving thanks to our Lord daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not a bad haul for a photo shoot! And lovely views/
    I am thankful that I bi off a big chunk of an irritating elephant today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankful to know that mothers all over the world face the same pitfalls and happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving to you! I fully support celebrating a thanksgiving day, regardless of where you live. And turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes are awesome, no matter what! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get jealous too- it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get jealous too- it sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL cropping out your fat! And that's one very nice friend you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can TOTALLY drop in on any of my Thanksgivings. :)

    I have so much to be Thankful for ... and I remind myself of that every day when I look at my children, hear them talking about spiritual things, and actually have to cook 3 times a day.

    And even when I can't think of a wise thing at all to say ... I always read your blog (or at least skim and look at the pictures!)

    Hugs and Love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am thankful for my good health, my amazing parents who help me so much, and for beautiful photographs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The thanksgiving food always looks so nice, and of course made with all kinds of things that you can't buy here anyway. *sigh*

    Those views really are breath-taking Marcia. :-)

    You are not fat by the way, so stop saying it...and show us the 49!

    Today the thing I am most grateful for is the super fantastic hug I got from my pink terrorist when I dropped her off at school. And the kiss. And most of all the "I love you too mommy". How can you not have a great day after a send off like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wrote a gratitude post yesterday (kind of) in which I expressed my gratitude for Lance. Any other man would have left me by now!
    I'm not a fan of turkey but I DO love mashed potatoes and pumpkin. I think that our Heritage Day is kind of like Thanksgiving. Just substitute turkey with braai. Did your friend do Thanksgiving for you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the title of your post... I think you should start your own tradition! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:40 pm

    You fat, ahem not at all but I guess fat is relative :)


    Finding turkey to buy is not very difficult especially at this time of the year, the stores have all kinds of promo.

    I'm thankful for good health and God's blessings.

    Mrs FF

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails