Monday, May 17, 2010

A small slice of heaven

Yesterday, I resolved not to get onto the computer until after the babies were asleep at night and guess what?

The world didn't crash.

I also FINISHED MY BOOK. Yes, in one week.

So I will be doing the same thing (more or less) this week as I really want to read more. And I still have those 3 half-read baby books to finish.

We put the babies down for their nap yesterday and I said to D, "let's also go rest" and I promptly jumped onto my bed with my book and a cup of tea.

A small slice of heaven.

After a few minutes, Kendra decided that "sleep is for babies" and she's not a baby so screamed for her daddy.

He brought her to me and we enjoyed some lovely quality time, me reading and Kendra playing with my coaster, hand lotion, anything I could find on my night stand.

She's getting very, very cute. Very easy with the smiles and laughs and there really is nothing sweeter.

Now that was more like what mother's day should have been like!

P.S. Eve (the one who bought my leftover GonalF) is now 38 weeks pregnant with twin boys. I think she's a rock star for making it so far! And for doing this whole deal solo (the babies were conceived with donor sperm)!

P.P.S.  I will do the draw later today........ and post the winner!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day and weekend. I very seldom post over weekends - or read for that matter. Family time. Went over to read Evie's - great girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Go Eve...I went 38.5 weeks, so I literally know her pain! Good for you for finishing your book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thanks foe thinking of me!!! I just posted pics of my belly. My skin is sooo stretched at the moment! LOL! Only 2 more days though!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly can't imagine, Rebecca :)

    You are a rock star too!!!!!!!!!!!

    Eve, hope you see this - I can't comment on your blog for some reason and your mail is at home...I will phone you as I didn't mean to scare you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Readjusting the balance huh? I've done the same thing over the last couple of weeks. I can't say that I'm reading "quality" - think total chick lit but it works for me and my brain right now.

    Eve is 38 weeks now??! I remember you talking about your leftover drugs - was it that long ago already. Wow time motors along.

    Glad that K is impressing you with her cuteness. You have a lifetime of it to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saffy, EXACTLY! I also can't believe it's been that long!

    But it is... that's how quickly time flies.

    And chick-lit is totally relaxing for me. I read enough business plans and other boring stuff so need to unwind totally LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for finishing a book! : ) I'm about halfway through one I started on the way down here, and I'll probably finish tonight. Hoping to get through at least one more before we get home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails