Monday, May 10, 2010

Quick, very sad post

*don't read if feeling emotional*


Remember when I told you about our visit with my friends?

And that lovely girl who was pregnant with twins?

Well, have been thinking about her a lot so I keep texting my friend every few days, "how is your friend? has she had the babies yet?"

Twice the answer was "no babies yet but all well".

On Friday night late my phone goes and I go check the message.

"My friend's had the babies today. The little girl died but the boy is okay".

Well, I cried. I'm crying again now as I type this.

I didn't know what to say but I prayed for her (what else can you do????!!!) and her husband.

I can't imagine - being in that crazy state straight after babies, sore from C-section, hormonal and a baby gone.

Poor L - please keep them in your prayers.

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway for the $40 gift voucher

9 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. She will be in my prayers. I have a friend at work that lost one of her twins during childbirth. I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This happened to a friend of a friend. I just couldn't imagine going home to a room made for two and having to recreate it for one. What a sad thing to have happen...in my prayers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your friend. I was reading your older posts and noticed the comment about your hands, I believe that you have Reynaud' syndrome, you can look it up on wikipedia. The explanation is very good there with some fairly decent pictures. This has been associated with some complications and other diseases so you so need to see your doctor to have this checked out. I have this condition and I am a nurse as well, but of course this is just friendly advice and not medical advice, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, my worst fear. I'm so sorry. Bless her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so very tragic. My heart aches.

    A friend recently had a "disappearing twin". The surviving little girl is doing fine, still a few weeks from her due date.

    I don't know how to get past that. Lucas and I are just so lucky that our very first planned, but unassisted, pregnancy resulted in our little ones.

    (I wasn't quite so Zen 4 years ago today, the beginning of the NICU journey.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the poor girl. Thst must be terrible. One of my friend's DIL lost her girl twin just before Christmas. The little boy went home the other day after 121 days in the NICU

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, how very sad!! I have a friend who lost one of her twins at 27 weeks and had to carry both of them until she gave birth at 34 weeks. I couldn't even imagine...

    I'll keep her in my prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh. This is still so very raw for me. I sweat just thinking about how close it felt at times that we might loose ours. I will be praying for her and her family. Lord only knows how incredibly hard that must be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, thanks for commenting.

    I looked it up and it is exactly that! Cool - I have a name for it now.

    Fortunately mine is very very mild - usually the tips of only one or two fingers max. Also I run my hands under warm water to get circulation going and it's fine.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails