Thursday, October 13, 2011

Out

This all happened yesterday.

After asking and asking when the doctor was going to do his rounds, I hauled out "bad-ass Marcia" and said to the one nurse, "please call the doctor and tell him I need to see him as soon as possible"

He was there within 5 minutes.

I hate being That Person but sometimes it's all that works.

Anyway, he said you have to be able to keep food down and move relatively easily before you can be discharged.

I said, "okay, I've done all of that. Can I go home?"

And so I'm home.

That conversation happened at 11 and I was home at 2. But this is life and of course, the lovely painkillers made me sleep a lot in the meantime so I didn't even get impatient.

I'm not joking (or even exaggerating) when I say I was probably awake for a max of 6 hours a day the past 2 days. If that.

Great for rest (I didn't think I had it in me) but baaaaaaddddd for productivity.

By the way, I'm declaring text bankruptcy - regrettably I have to now delete them all. I had about 100 and on a bad day (when I haven't done the budget and reconned all the texts from my bank), I get to 50 - 60.

There's nothing like having an op to make you feel loved. I don't know what that says but yes, I am blessed and I've also resolved to not only contact people during these sorts of times but during "normal" times too just to say "I'm thinking of you". What do you think? Do you get contacted whenever too?

(the kids are knocking at my door saying, "Mummy, open door")

D had to come in first and prep the kids so they were all unsure around me but then I did show and tell and showed them my four little bandages on my tummy.

That was a huge hit with them but now all I hear is "Mummy's tummy sore; Daddy's tummy all better" then D corrects with, "Daddy's tummy was never sore" LOL

Kendra is like you described Hailey, Rebecca - like a butterfly on the bed - gentle and soft - and Connor is rough like a truck so I keep having to say, "remember Mummy's tummy" and he's all earnest again, "Mummy's tummy sore". Too sweet!

Claudia, I keep thinking how your two were angels when J's boss was there and it makes me smile. I love it - they pull out the goods when they need to LOL

The problem is the appetite.

I have ZERO appetite.

ZERO.

If you know me, you know this is not like me. I can always eat.

The doctor did say it should come right in a few days because all I had for breakfast yesterday was about 50 ml yoghurt and some all-bran flakes.

This is a problem when you have to take all your meds AFTER FOOD (they print it in big bold NEON stickers just to remind you).

Yesterday I had half a baby apple (they sell small apples for kids at my local Pick and Pay) and 1 dry Salticrax for supper. Normally I'd have double that just while cooking supper! I thought I was going to vomit my meds up but they took and I was out.

This morning I had a cup of tea (success is coming back!) and I'm nibbling at some muesli and yoghurt so I can take my meds.

So that's me for now.

I want to check on work and then sleep for a bit.

But how are YOU doing?


Seriously, what's on your mind?


16 comments:

  1. You have been on my mind the last few days - a lot! And I am so glad you are home and better. If you really struggle to eat, what about some Ensure? Worked for me that last bit on the twin pregnancy when I could not eat.

    Good luck and lots of love and really, the texts are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are safe and sound at home. Hope you feel 100% soon again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are home. Dont work too hard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you are home! I hate trying to recover in a hospital. Get your rest and I'm sure you'll be back in good form again soon. I was really sick last week, so I know what you mean about not being productive, but take your situation as someone at a higher level telling you it's time to rest and recharge right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are home... poor thing - hope you are feeling hundreds really soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh..."bad a$$ Marcia"...I don't think I'd wanna cross her! Hahaha! Sorry you had to pull her out, but you know what you've gotta do for you. :)

    I hope by now your appetite is returning more and more. Just please don't try to overdo...with eating or working or organizing or playing...listen to your body (and as I said via email, NOT your to-do list!). :)

    As to how I'm doing? Pretty darn good! :) I have my massage this afternoon...CANNOT wait! The girls are still in their pj's (new ones I got on clearance last week that are so stinkin' cute! zebra striped pants with kissing zebras on the front...they have been saying the zebras are sisters!). And I'm planning some craft time with the girls this morning to work on their scrapbooks...they're gonna have a blast. :) We have a busy few days ahead with a birthday party on Saturday and my MoMs meeting on Sunday, but it's all good stuff.

    Rest up, Marcia! So, so thankful to hear from you today and know you're doing better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to read that you have been sick the last couple of days.
    Glad you're home and better.
    What's on my mind? We had a break in at our workplace 2 days ago and now one of our colleagues went home because they broke in at his home also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad all is right with the world again! You have yet another silver-lining as well. Think of the weight you've lost not eating for days! You might be able to cancel your gym membership!

    So happy to hear you're home and resting. Let your productivity drop and heal yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I go off the Blog Radar for 1 day and I miss the fact that you were in the hospital and have a sore tummy...going to back read now.

    Thinking of you and hoping you get better real soon!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you are recovering. Home is always the best place for that. You're kiddies are so cute;-)

    You will have your appetite back as soon as you are better...so just chill and get better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are home :) Being in the hospital sucks!!

    I am sure your appetite will return. Just find a snack you can tolerate and have that before your meds! Dont think too much about it or it will get worse!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:14 pm

    I'm so glad you are safe and sound!!! I was just about to suggest the exact same thing as Cat, that stuff was a life saver for me when I came out of ICU. My tummy had shrunk (I know it sounds enviable but was quite ugly) and the thought of a bread crumb made me feel full. Ensure has all your nutrition and you don't have to stress about it for the rest of the day.

    PS - will sure as hell be giving that little baby shower a miss... I WILL find an excuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad they found what was causing you all the terrible pain, and that the surgery was successful AND a laproscopy. I hope you feel better each day and meanwhile enjoy the extra time with your beautiful little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julia1:33 pm

    So, so glad that all went well. I HOPE that you are resting and taking it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so far behind with commenting that you're hopefully feeling like a million bucks already by the time I post this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. The butterfly and the truck thing is SO right on. I'm glad you're home, but the not eating thing has got to be driving you nuts. There's nothing worse than forcing food down to take meds...hope it all balances out soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails