Friday, September 30, 2016

{Friendship Friday} Creating with friends

I read a not-so-great book (for me) recently about time management but I did want to mention something that was mentioned in the book.

If you want to see friends and do something, why not do those two things together?
  • go shop together
  • run errands together (I shudder!)
  • organise your clothes together
  • bake/ cook together

(now all these things I hate doing with other people but we get the gist)


I have tried inviting friends to events with me. A friend and I went to a Flamenco show together earlier this year, which was great - I would have gone anyway and it was time we were able to spend together. As an aside, we put in the offer on this house that same day :)

I've also hosted 3 crafternoons - 4 different friends came to those. I got photos done at two of those, and had a washi frenzy at another.

And best? They were all great times of connection (and food!) with friends.


I used to have a friend who I used to go to chick-flicks with, but we've kind of drifted. I need to get another one of those in my area. Maybe I can persuade you, Terisha? Either that, or we need to start our book club of two people :)

What kinds of things do you do with your friends?

11 comments:

  1. Of course Bookclub and some day I am going to come to one of your crafernoons. I also am planning a movie with a new friend tomorrow afternoon if all works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that movie worked out for you!

      Delete
  2. I have two friends from work who I've started doing chick movies with. Then when we normally meet up it's for play dates so it's normally a restaurant where we can chat and the kids can play. I used to do a quarterly spa day at Mangwanani that I would like to try do again but I just don't think I can afford it any more ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I love our early suppers. Let's set one up!

      Delete
  3. I would love to go see some chick-flicks with you. But I think my husband would love your idea even more. I drag the poor man to come see the chick -flicks with me and then have to hear how corny it was and bad the acting was all the way home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL

      Let's keep our eyes and ears open and if a movie comes up that we want to see, let's do it :)

      Delete
  4. I am such a private person I would struggle to share any of those tasks with someone else. However, we all need to get out of our comfort zones and try new things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shopping by myself first because I don't like shopping all that much to start off with and secondly, because I'm a satisficer (I go in, and get the first thing that suits my needs).

      Baking and cooking I want to focus and listen to podcasts...

      BUT the point of this book was that many women say they don't have time for friendship and actually, you could find the time if you wanted.

      So my take on that is this - decide what is a higher priority for you and own your stance. I'm prepared to get a bit outside my zone for certain things (movies, creating, eating out) but not for others (shopping and errands).

      Delete
  5. Hmmmm food for thought. I usually just get together for a chat, catch up and sometimes a meal. And yes I agree if you really want to do something you find the time for it even if it means moving things around. I actually don't mind shopping won't people as long as our shopping styles are similar. I have a friend who can spend 2 hours in a shop and not buy anything and then come back to the same
    Shop one hour later and buy one item (shock and horror) and repeat that numerous times.

    Baking I would love to do with a friend especially if they know how to decorate as it is one thing I don't know how to do

    Flamenco was nice. It's something I normally wouldn't have done so it was good for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. I run my own errands (this is after all the only time I get to myself!) and I will watch you cook and bake while I have a glass of wine. I DO enjoy creating with friends. Which is why I ALWAYS enjoy the knitter meetups and occasional craft meetups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy going to movies and shows with friends too! That's ALWAYS fun. And I once went to gym with Elton. Which was dumb! Because we did different classes, but then we had something to eat there and caught up on FB with the free wifi.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails