Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Guys, I have 8-year-olds

So my two darling children turned 8. I've already bought this book and can't wait to dig in.



If you click through, you'll be able to see the books from all the ages. I highly, highly recommend all of them - they've been a huge help to us through the years. I bought the first one at age 2! And the best is they're short so you can easily read it in two hours (helpful for D who is not a fan of non-fiction).

Anyway, here are some pics of us on their actual birthday. I was so pleased that I insisted because they were the only pics I took that day.

D is taking this with his left hand and we're all trying not to fall over and topple down my steep driveway!


We had separate birthday parties for them - Kendra's on the Friday and Connor's on the Saturday.

We were knackered but both kids had exactly the experience they wanted: K - small, intimate, girls-only, and C - lots of noisy boys!

I'm of two minds if we'll do it the same next year. On the one hand, they both loved it but I prefer D around to help so I can take photos and such. And, as I say, we were exhausted.

D wants them to spread out the parties more like one one weekend and the other two weeks later :)

Anyway, we have a whole 50 weeks to decide on the game plan for when they turn 9!

I will say this - K asked for books for her birthday which was an excellent idea so she got 6 new Enid Blytons and is in heaven!!!

What's going on in your life? What's been happening the last two weeks?

PS I will post about the holiday next :)

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, happy birthday to K and C. Also yay for them each getting exactly the party they wanted, and for you and D taking that on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh time flies. Eight already!!!Glad they both got the party they wanted. Can't wait to see pics of your holiday. Your instagram posts were delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can still remember them as babies... they really do grow very fast! I like the separate party idea since each child gets the experience they want! What did Connor ask for his birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much cuteness!!! Looking forward to Eight!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails