Monday, August 21, 2017

Books I read in July

Edited to add:

Thank you for all the great comments on my last post. I don't know if it's the topic or the 3 weeks without a blog post :) but I loved the engagement!

*****************************************

Gosh and golly!

I realised the other day that I didn't ever post about my July reads.
 


My July numbers:

Books read: 10.... and with those 10, I reached my reading goal of the year, 72.
Non-fiction: 3
Best non-fiction: Born a crime 4.5*
(the other two are blogger books which are never my favourite genre)

a note on Born a Crime - if you've read it and would like to discuss, I'm hosting a group Skype call soon. Comment and let me know as I want to schedule it for mid-September. 

Fiction: 7 
Best fiction: A Window Opens - Elisabeth Egan 5*
Honourable mentions: In twenty years (I love reunion books :)) and Summer House which made me think a lot about ageing.

This month I started a new page in my bullet journal - my books read page.

I continued and did a similar page this month - it's quick to update and helps when I'm doing my big Goodreads update every month.

What have you read recently that was a pleasant surprise?

Mine was A Window Opens - I LOVED it - surprisingly so or maybe because I hadn't heard about it all over the internet? Hmmmm.

10 comments:

  1. My reading has been shocking of recent. I read 1 book in July. But that was due to the evening lectures 3 times a week and Ugeshan was travelling for work which meant I was flying solo with Kaylan in evenings so there was not much time for reading. As you know I really enejoyed our bookclub read. It was the perfect light reading I needed. Going to start the new bookclub book today hopefully as I have assignments due next week :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to get your books on Audible during busy seasons and listen to your book when you're in the car.

      I add at least 1 book to my read pile per month via audible.

      Delete
  2. I have been listening to Trevor Noah. I love the way in which he "performs" the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually want to listen again and take notes :)

      Delete
  3. I was just looking at that picture of your journal. The fact that you see the writing on the back of the sheet does not work for me. I would choose a journal with a heavier weight sheet. Just my irritating quirk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same with notebooks and journals. I always look at the pages before buying and I wont use a gel pen if it's going to show on the other side of the page. Glad to see I am not the only one with the quirk

      Delete
    2. it really is not at all noticeable - maybe it's the light? But this is a "brown" paper which is lighter (it's actually nicer to write on with gel than white paper)

      But I am so glad I'm not a perfectionist. It saves me tons of time and anxiety :)

      A heavier sheet would work. Which planners, etc. do you find that works best?

      Delete
    3. Marcia, I use the Hammond Gower notebooks from CNA and those pages are the thickest I could find. I usully use a normal pen when using books that I know will sow gel pens on the other side. Trying to let go of my perfectionist habits one at a time. But it's a slow slow process ;)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha ha isn't it amazing I didn't notice until I read the comments and the. I went back to check! Yes that is one reason why I use gel
    Pens more for addressing cards and use my normal pens for writing but I guess I didn't even know that bothered me until now LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails