Monday, September 18, 2006

New cars, holidays, cancellations, farewell parties, etc.

New car
I'm buying a new car but not properly new (if you know what I mean). It is a 2005 Opel Corsa Sport and has 12000 km on the clock.

So I've been very busy organising all the paperwork, getting valuations for my current car, and so on... Huge amount of schlep - no wonder I don't do this very often.

Also, my sister works for General Motors and gets a discount for direct family members which is really nice BUT because I'm buying directly from GM, there is service from a dealer, car papers all nicely sorted out. It's a huge schlep but I have to keep reminding myself that I'm saving thousands this way.


Holidays
We're going to Thailand in 4 weeks and 3 days exactly. Woohoo.

We finally collected the tickets and travel vouchers from Flight Centre on Saturday so it feels more settled. I've started making my lists about what to take, what I have to do before we go, what we should do once we get there, and so on, and so on...

We went to look at digital cameras on Saturday and I'm nearly decided. Just want to check out a couple of other options.

Cancellations
I was scheduled to do an organising workshop for 3 ladies on Saturday. The one phoned me early that morning to cancel so I phoned the other 2 to cancel the whole thing. With less than 3 people, there is just no vibe (3 is already too little). So I've postponed it for two weeks - hopefully I can drum up a few more people.

Farewell parties
My colleague on the other side of my partition is emigrating to the US of A (Las Vegas actually) to marry her sweetheart. Long story about love across the ocean...

Anyway, so I'm organising her farewell party because ...well, let's just say she'd just get a "thanks very much and goodbye" if I didn't. So I'm hardly working these days - running around collecting money from people, organising venue, food, gift, etc.

Getting everyone to sign the card (I decided to get a non-traditional card so I got a die-cut notebook in the shape of a handbag) is another hassle. Why is it that everybody first needs to read the entire book before they write their two lines of inspiration - "all the best. have fun in vegas"?

That's what I've been busy with these last 10 days or so...

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 am

    Will you still be going to Thailand, after the coup that took place today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the moment, yes.

    We're keeping a close eye on the news and they said that it was a peaceful coup with absolutely no violence. Apparently our Foreign Affairs Minister has cleared South Africans for travel so far, and will advise otherwise if the situation changes.

    I also thought of something else. We fly into Kuala Lumpur and then to Phuket from there. And the coup is apparently in Bangkok...

    Thanks for your concern - I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you lead a busy exciting life. I feel somewhat 'less' now. lol
    Have a safe and fun vacation. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina

    Don't worry - this is just for now! Most of the time, it's just "boring busy" not exciting busy".

    Our plan is to travel overseas once every 2 years. Although this only happened for the first time after 9 years of marriage.

    We went to Singapore and Australia in 2004 so it was time for the next venture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog. 123 you are the best. cheap jerseys 2012

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails