Monday, February 05, 2007

Clumsiness

The strangest thing happens to me sometimes. I have a day or two of clumsiness where I am almost dangerous in the kitchen.
The last time this happened was last week. I somehow misjudged, thought there was enough space on the counter and put this white mug down. It totally missed and this is what happened.
Then the next day at work, I misjudged distances again and one of my work mugs slipped out of my hand and broke beautifully (all over the floor in millions of little pieces).
That night I was cooking and the garlic & chilli mix slipped from my hands again and landed up all over the kitchen floor.
I read once that it happens because of our hormones. Apparently it's to do with our spatial awareness at this time. I don't know much further than that, but since then I have noticed that I'm usually having my period when I go into clumsy mode. Then again, I'm not very good spatially at the best of times :)
Sometimes I'll cut my finger while chopping onions, burn myself when taking things out of the oven or spill coffee, sugar, etc. The good thing is sooner or later, I figure it out and call for my husband to help because then he knows that me being in the kitchen is just a bad idea all round.
Is this weirdness just me, or does it happen to anybody else?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, interesting. I'll have to check that out.

    Nice to know I'm not the only one out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:51 pm

    I have read that hormones can cause it. Well look it on the bright side. You have a photo for Saturday's photo hunt now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails