Thursday, February 01, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #10 - Random thoughts on blogging

For other TT participants, have a look at www.thursdaythirteen.com


1. You can make friends from all over the world.
2. it is amazing to me that not everybody “gets” blogging, like my husband, friends, etc.
3. Comments = love. Although I read somewhere (probably on a blog) that only about 10% of people reading actually comment.
4. It’s like a HUGE reality TV show as you look in on other people’s lives
5. I didn’t know there are popularity contests in the blogging world too.
6. You will never have enough time to read all the blogs you want.
7. Not everybody plays nicely. Some people seem to think they can be rude to you on your own blog. This is so weird to me. If you don’t like what you read, you can disagree respectfully and move on.
8. When you start thinking about things like “I must blog this” or “this will be perfect for the blog” you’re getting addicted. Trust me, I know.
9. I have a weird thing – when I find a new blog I like, I feel compelled to go back and read all the archives.
10. Some bloggers could just print out their entire blogs and publish them. They’re that good. Like Sweatpantsmom. If you don’t already read her, then go over and go read all her archives!
11. I’ve come to realize that as with everything else in life, I have to prioritise my blogging.
12. I didn’t realize that I’d learn so many things from reading blogs – from infertility to recipes to how to be a nice friend.
13. And the photos? Don’t get me started. I specifically take photos now with the sole intention of blogging them.

I need to update everybody on what's been going on...not much... but that's another post!

4 comments:

  1. according to your rules, i am addicted..very addicted! i love to take photos for blogs..hubby did it yesterday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've addicted too! I think of my life in terms of blogging fodder. My pics are meant for Flickr, and the occasional blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with EVERY single thing you just wrote. especially taking photos for the blog and having to read all the archives to a blog.

    it's just like a tv show, i can't start a new show until i know what's happened on all the other shows; same with blogging, i can't read a new blog until i've read all their old blog entries.

    good to know i am not the only one with this problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't aware of #5 or #7 either...but this is great list and I think I have became addicted to blogger too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails