Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12 - 13 things I can’t live without

Visit the Thursday Thirteen site


1. Alone time
Today has been meeting after boring meeting and I’m exhausted. Why? Because I haven’t had time to myself.


2. Nurofen
I absolutely depend on these things, for 2 days every 25 – 26 days…enough said


3. Water
I drink at least 2L every day and it is definitely my drink of choice


4. My car
I sometimes think back on the time in my life when I used to take public transport to work. I don’t know how I ever waited around for buses because I’m way too impatient now.


5. my computer
Many a happy hour has been spent blogging, reading blogs, developing course content, writing, etc, etc.


6. the internet, blogging, etc.
You know what it’s like – addictive!


7. Google reader
Since I discovered this two weeks ago, I can’t believe how much time I’ve saved


8. My memory stick
What did we do before memory sticks? I can take stuff from home, bring them to work to work on, take them back home without leaving multiple copies on both computers and having to save carefully in case I use the wrong document.


9. My lipstick
I can do without any other make-up but not my lipstick!


10. Books
I am absolutely no fun if I don’t have books around. I read fiction, non-fiction, ebooks, real books, anything. Something you didn’t know about me – I’m a bit weird and I set a monthly reading goal (7 – 5 fiction and 2 non-fiction).


11. Organising time
When I’m overwhelmed or a bit stressed, I find that organising a drawer or area in my home (or on computer) calms me down. I think it’s because I can restore some order to at least some part of my life.


12. My husband
He is my rock, my anchor in any storm, my support, my confidante, my best friend and the father of future babies!


13. God
Without whom I would be a wreck, probably been involved in many car accidents due to my fast driving, and definitely would have no peace.

5 comments:

  1. Great List! You know, I too treasure my "Alone Time", it's Vital! And I just found the reader myself--my life is changed forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
    I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
    Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
    The comments you left me filled me with glee.
    It is hard to believe it is really true.
    I am trying very hard to not be blue.
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't live without alone time, internet and computers and books either. I usually surf the net or read books when I'm alone! :)

    My 13 are up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love alone time and I love time with my hubby. this was a nice post. I am sorry this is ending

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:32 am

    I love my alone time and love my husband too. Thank you for the lovely post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails