Thursday, April 16, 2009

The other baby's a ...

Well, it’s complicated.

He’s 95% sure the other one is a girl; I’m 100% sure because...well... it’s very clear when you look at the boy’s bits that he’s a boy, by virtue of the other baby not having clear boy bits, I think she must be a girl.

They are 20cm long; one is 285g and the other is 355g – we checked to see if he got the weights right since they’re so far apart, and they are – the boy is the big one.

So that’s where we are – a nice, plump boy and a “petite” girl

We're thinking of getting a 2nd opinion on the weights because this Dr is so blasé. Or should I say, relaxed.

I don't do relaxed very well.

It could be that we’re used to the high maintenance care from the fertility clinic but I don’t know...

Is this something to worry about?

P.S. Oh, this was the 20-week scan! 20 weeks - I still can't believe it. Someone at work said when she found we're having twins, "you need to give me the recipe for that. I'd love twins" so I said, "IVF. These are IVF babies" to shocked silence. I must be a bit of a drama queen because I got a kick out of that :)

6 comments:

  1. Glad all is going well! BTW if you have not see National Geographics In the womb - multiples, go buy it and have a look. It is fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I was really hoping for twins after being on Clomid (and having a lot of factors increasing my chances). My husband was relieved to find we were only having one, but I think it would've been cool. Actually, I think it's still possible in my future pregnancies. But, anyways, my point is that if I had twins, I would've LOVED to have 1 boy and 1 girl. And it's probably a good thing that the boy is the plump one and the girl is petite. No girl wants to be the plump one and no boy wants to be the petite one. My one baby was 11 ounces at my 20 week ultrasound, which is right smack in the middle of your two babies if you convert the measurements (at about 312g). Anyways, I'm glad everything is still going well. By the way, you commented on my pictures from 15 weeks, but did you notice my most recent ones from 20 weeks. I was just wondering because of the timing of it- I had just told you that I would be posting them and then I got a comment from you on an old post. So I wanted to make sure. Anyways, keep us updated. I love hearing how you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of each!! i'm a little jealous!!! and yes- i think our children are already communicating. scary!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a boy and a girl! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I love that you said that, makes me laugh. Congrats on the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From research that I did for my sister who had a friend with twins .. I think the difference concern is for something called "Twin to Twin Transfusion". It's where identical twins share too much of the mom's support system and one twin gains blood and nutrients not only from the mom, but also from the sibling.

    As far as I know, it only happens with identicals.

    There are other concerns, but as long as they are both very active with a good heart rate, they are rarely an issue.

    I'm just past 19 weeks and should go in for a sonagram within a week. It's bittersweet though - as this baby will be named after my mom and she was so looking forward to helping midwife the birth. But she died Sunday. It was such a shock.

    I've very much enjoyed reading about your babies. I pray for you and them almost daily.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails