Sunday, April 29, 2012

17 years


My mother sent us a text after we ignored her "happy anniversary" phone call (do you answer all your phone calls? I don't unless it's super-convenient at the time) and said she can't believe it's already been 17 years.

I also can't believe it's been 17 years. On the one hand it feels like just yesterday and on the other hand, we've come through so much it does feel like we've got lots of time under the belt.

we're living in our 4th place, 3rd as homeowners
6 different jobs between the two of us
8 other countries visited
tons of local holidays
5 cars between us in that time (as you can see, we hang onto our cars and houses :))
2 IVFs
2 babies!!!

:)

This year has been our hardest yet and for that, I'm HUGELY grateful. Not that we've had a hard year, but that we've only had a hard year at this stage in our marriage.

D said to me in another 17 years we'll be preparing for the kids' 21st birthdays which just made me feel VERY old.

He is still the best fit to me in the world and I would marry him again in a heartbeat :)

On 11 October this year, we'll have been together 20 years. Now, friends, that, right there is long!


How long have you been married?


PS I just wrote a comment on a blog on Saturday morning and the next minute my data was done on the iPad. If you don't read my organising blog, I have a hate-hate relationship with the iPad - it's just so much more expensive than what people make it out to be. Or I'm cheap. Anyway, so that was me, totally UNplugged for the rest of our time away.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 17 years. We've been married for 12 and this year we'll have been together for 16.
    I DO love that picture so much.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    I have been married for almost 9 years. Not bad for a couple no one thought would last since we got engaged 8 days after meeting and married a month and a week later :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tim and I are approaching 22 years - on the babies birthday.
    We've known each other for 26 years.


    We are living in our 7th location (only once did we own the home - for 7 years).
    I lost count of the jobs - 7 years unemployed total
    6 cars (or is it 7?)
    5 miscarriages
    4 babies (2 are teens! Yikes)
    1 Just Because trip (Kendra was 15 months old)
    1 dog, 1 cat, 6 hermit crabs, 8 fish ... right now only 1 dog and 3 fish are alive.


    Happy Happy Happy Anniversary!!!! Hugs and love to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17 years, gasp! I'm such a spring chick!!

    8 years together
    4 years married
    3 places lived, 1 owned (current)
    NO JOB CHANGES
    5 cars
    2 dogs
    1 cat
    and...
    2 little ladies that brought us closer than I ever imagined.

    And the iPad, why do you have a data plan? Can't you just run off wifi at home/the office/out? That's how we work ours. Here there is a 3G/WiFi and a straight WiFi model, but the 3G will also just work off of WiFi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! 17years is fantastic...even more so when you know it's the right one. ;-)

    I'm not married, and when I was we didn't make it past 3 years and 6 years together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, i love that pic of you guys. Congrats - such a milestone.
    We are headed toward our 20yr anniversary this year.
    21 years together. He popped the question within 3mths of us dating and we were married within the year!
    Too many houses, job, etc to count right now but will be an interesting post in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that's a long time!! Congrats.

    D and I are approaching 4 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 17 years! And thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed your unplugged weekend!

    This August, J and I will celebrate our 6th anniversary and 10 years together. I don't feel like I'm old enough to have been with someone for 10 years!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A big congrats to you and your husband. 17 years is such an achievement. When me and Cat rode to the meetup, we talked about how few couples actually hold out these days. It's nice to see that you and hubby have been going strong.
    Me and hubby will be celebrating 10 years later on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulation on your anniversary. Wishing you many many more years of love, happiness, friendship, laughter, God's blessings and abundance. May your love continue to weather any storms that might come your way!


    I've been married for 6 yrs plus now (will be 7 in Dec). Together almost 13 years (feel old but you make me feel not so old, thank you L̳̿Ö̤̣̇☺ː̗̀(=)))ː̖́☺Ö̤̣̇L̳̿ )

    I would marry the same man over and over again but I would trade in the MIL ;-(

    Happy Anniversary once again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet that toally unplugged was good for you?

    Many many blessings and a huge congrats to you both. We are going on 12 years and in a single heartbeat I would do it again too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!

    I have a Kindle Fire and my mom has an iPad- and I think I can do pretty much everything she does with hers on my Fire- for way way less cost.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations....I love the photo of the two of you at the top of this post.

    DH and I have been married for 33 years...and we are very happy together:-D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails