Saturday, February 09, 2013

Photo fun - monthly challenge - self-portraits

Can I just say this?

I'm so proud of you for playing along because (for me) self-portraits are the most difficult types of photos ever.

And the ones where you can see yourself on the iphone as you take the pic? Those are the worst because of my lack of spatial ability.

Anyway.

So proud you're here.


The rules are simple:
  • 5 pics - one each of your face, hands, doing something you love, feet, wearing something you like
  • Interpret as you wish
  • Link up to this post and leave me a comment.
  • Have fun!

Here are my 5 pics:

(this may have been the easiest challenge as I definitely don't have many decent self-portraits)
 
When I was on holiday I knew that I had to post some self-portraits so I set up the camera in the kitchen on self-timer for about 4 meals to try and get a good pic. Light inside is terrible as you know so I'm ridiculously pleased with this one.


doing something I love


my face - this is the only way I can do self-portraits - all silly - although I desperately want those mysterious-looking, slightly sulky-looking ones :) D says I'm mad!

taken during Superhero Photo last year - one of my 5 favourites from that class

feet - I love those sparkly pink sequinned flip flops

my hand, nice and brown
An aside - I've had to stop wearing the nail polishes I normally do since I'm so tanned. I know, good problem to have :)

Which one is your favourite photo? 

 Link up your posts here

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting.

    I love the first picture, the colours, your nails - very beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cucumber picture is gorgeous! It looks like it belongs in a magazine!

    And I remember that necklace picture from last year...still love it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the first one, thinks its because of the angle and the juicy cucumber - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. I love the first ona because the angle is so unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cucumbers! Yum! I linked up but not-ish...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that lavender color on your toes!!! :) The cucumber pic is pretty fantastic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the first one!! I wanted to join in - I really did but I just didnt plan it well :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the first one where you're chopping the cucmbers. What a cool angle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I love the angle on the cooking shot! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously suck at self portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, I didn't do them all... but I did one of them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails