Monday, October 17, 2016

Crunch time

So I decided to enter the exams.

I told the teacher if she feels I'm not ready she can pull me out at the last minute.

However, I'm dancing my little tush off every 2 - 3 days.

D knows the rhythms, C and K imitate me and I have a cute little video of K saying "dig, across, dig, across, stamp, dig, dig".

Basically, if I'm not ready, I feel like at least I'll have given it my absolute everything.

And some things are already exam-ready. 

I still have 1 min 13 sec of the dance to learn, but I can't do some of it at speed yet. It'll come though. The good thing is I tell myself these things like - my body can do it, I just have to practise enough.

So you'll find me in the pause area or at the lifts at work, doing little bits of the dance, with not a care in the world about what people think.

In some ways I feel like I'm further along than I was last year... with exam prep... but that could be my imagination.

I have 5 lessons left and then it's show time :) And then I can chill til next year!

What's happening in your life?

PS old school blogging with no pics

5 comments:

  1. Break a leg - you WILL be fantastic. A has a crazy two weeks - ballet exam Friday, Dans in ou taal (mixed styles for a Kyknet reality show) auditions next Friday evening and SA Dance schools Championships (Lyrical)Saturday. Oh and drama Eistedfodd on Thursday - 3 items

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. You will SOAR!
    Today is a good day! Lovely, cool weather and nothing happening tonight - which means early to bed with my book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!
    J is gone till Thursday...so that's been interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with the exam, we just have to do it sometimes, put that head down and go for it.
    This post does not seem like you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails