Monday, April 24, 2017

Yay, it's freedom week!



Three things make this freedom week:

1) my one friend has resigned from work and she finishes on Wednesday - so excited for her :)

2) it's Freedom Day on Thursday. For the non-South Africans, here's a write-up from Wikipedia

Freedom Day is a South African public holiday (its national day), celebrated on 27 April. It celebrates freedom and commemorates the first post-apartheid elections held on that day in 1994. The elections were the first non-racial national elections where everyone of voting age of over 18 from any race group, including foreign citizens permanently resident in South Africa,[1] were allowed to vote. Previously, under the apartheid regime, non-whites had only limited rights to vote.


3) we're going on a little break this week too - woohoo - our first holiday since moving into this house and high time, if you ask me!

Of course, freedom is my number 1 value so I'm very passionate about the concept of freedom. Turns out it's important to God too. This is my favourite scripture about freedom:

2 Corinthians 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” NIV


This blog post is short and sweet because it's pay day tomorrow and I need to do my budget recon before all the new money comes in :)

But tell me, what does freedom mean to you? What are you planning for Freedom Week?

5 comments:

  1. Well, as you know, I somehow managed to get the week off as a gift from my new secret place. I actually only asked for Friday.

    We're going camping this weekend. Probably going to freeze cause it's in the Free State!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a kind boss!!!

      How was the Free State? Did you freeze your butts off?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interestingly also having lunch with a friend who resigned today from my office. Extreme work pressure + infertility don't go together so she took the plunge after many years ...

    Well I did my longest run of the year on freedom day and just enjoyed having some down time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope things work out for her. Did you take her to the group?

      Yay for your longest run!!! (I had my longest sleep of the year last week - over 10 hours!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails