Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm on the weight loss wagon again...

I joined weigh-less in March this year with 7,2kg to goal.

I lost the first 4,6 slowly but steadily and then I hit a plateau. Then it was up 0.2, down 0.2, then the same, down 0.4 up 0.8. That type of thing.

This has been going on for about 6 - 8 weeks now and today when I weighed in, up 0.4. Now I have 3.2 to go before I reach goal.

I've been trying to think about why I'm battling these last few kilos. People say it's because I'm already nearly there and I don't have far to go so these last few will take some time.

I think it's because I look good in my jeans again if i say so myself and my clothes all fit comfortably.

But I need to get my almost-skinny ass in gear and up the ante.

Today I decided to start keeping a food diary. It is remarkable how just writing something down makes you think before you eat it. It's almost like a time log - I remember years ago filling in my first one before a time management course. The first few days you just carry on as normal but on day 3, suddenly you start auto-correcting.

Do I really want to waste time on the internet because I'll have to write that down? (thank goodness that was in the pre-blog days)

I really hope the food diary works because I need to get to goal before bikini season. Not that you'll ever catch me dead in one (I'm just not the exhibitionist type) but I'd like to know I could if I wanted to.

Verdict - Day 1. No cheats except for 2 wine gums.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making so much progress towards your goal. I have a feeling you'll be trying on bikinis in no time--even if you don't ever wear them to the beach.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails