Tuesday, August 15, 2006

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...

Last Sunday 6th August I celebrated (please understand that I use this word very loosely) my 32nd birthday.

It was actually a really pathetic day for the following reasons:

  1. my husband acted like it was a normal day until about 12 when he gave me my presents. At this I promptly burst out crying, shocking and scaring the poor man senseless. In my mind, he'd forgotten about me and put me right at the bottom of the priority list. He says that he was waiting for me to get out of the bedroom for long enough so that he could get the stuff out of hiding. That reason just didn't do it for me - sorry!
  2. I only got 2 calls (friend and mother-in-law) and then another one later from my dad. I switched my phone to silent so didn't actually speak to the first two because I just couldn't bear to talk to people. How sad is that! By the time my dad phoned at about 6pm, I'd cheered up a bit so I actually answered the call.
  3. Got 9 sms messages and that's it. I actually find SMS from close people a bit rude.

The reason I was so disappointed is because I am the ultimate thoughtful person, especially where birthdays are concerned. I do the whole present and card thing, and either email or phone, depending on how close I am to the person.

Not only that but I have a really wide network of people who, I used to think, were quite close with me. By the way, the same thing happened last year. I am clearly a very slow learner.

Clearly I'm a person who needs some affirmation of love or something.

P.S. It got a bit better the next day at work. I got a couple of gifts and email from the work crowd. Then again, I took in some muffins - raisin & bran, plain bran, spicy orange & chocolate for the masses so maybe I was buying their love?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails