Friday, August 25, 2006

Tarantism (TAR-uhn-tiz-uhm) noun - an uncontrollable urge to dance

There we have it, people - an official word for my condition!

And this condition takes the form of almost every kind of dance - currently there is belly dancing on a Saturday, hip hop dancing on a Monday and my absolute favourite, salsa dancing on a Wednesday.

I've been a bit under the weather this week so I didn't go to my usual Monday class. I still am not 100% better but I am so much better than I was earlier this week.

But here's the thing - nothing, and I mean nothing, keeps me from that class. So I dressed warm to brave the 12 degrees Celsius cold and went for it. And of course, I loved every minute of it.

Some people don't know this about me but I've been dancing since I was 4 - ballet, modern, spanish - and I absolutely love performing. [This is also probably why I love talking to huge groups of people when I do workshops and such.] All that practice in the studio is all worthwhile when there is an audience, a stage, and that curtain rises. Oooh - there's nothing like it for me. (I do know different things do it for different people).

I tell you - it's the exhibitionist in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails