Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My 100 things - part 1

I figured the only way I would get these 100 things done was to do them in stages, so here is part 1


1.I am 32 years old
2.I feel 18 most of the time and only remember my age when I try to show off in dance class.
3.I have brown hair and eyes, am 1,58m tall and weigh 54 kg.
4.My weight goal is 52kg.
5.I have been having bad hair years for the last 4 years at least!
6.It annoys me so much when people tell me that I should blow dry my hair.
7.I usually tell them that there are better things to do or that my lifestyle doesn't support that.
8.I go to gym three times a week and to wash and blow dry hair after each session is just a bit much.
9.My best physical features are my legs.
10. This is probably due to all the ballet in my youth.
11. I started doing ballet when I was 4 years old and stopped in my last year of school.
12. I also did 4 years of modern jazz dancing.
13. And another 4 years of spanish dancing after I saw one spanish dance routine and I was hooked.
14. I won a choreography competition when I was about 10 years old. I felt like a bit of a fraud for winning because I made up the dance on the spot. Too many things on my plate, even then J
15. After I left school, I only started dancing again 13 years later in 2004.
16. I started off with dance funk, which I liken to Britney Spears type stuff.
17. Then I had about a year of contemporary dance – a lot like ballet.
18. And now I'm belly dancing, hip hop dancing and my ultimate favourite, salsa dancing.
19. This is the only way I would get in my exercise except for some weight work I do at home in front of the TV.
20. I'm quite health-conscious and try to eat correctly about 90% of the time.
21. My absolute favourite drink is water.
22. After that, it's decaf coffee. Caffeinated coffee gives me heart palpitations.
23. My favourite fruit is the granny smith apple – bright green, crisp and sour to taste. Yum.
24. I love anything with apples – apple pie, muffins, pancakes, cakes, etc.
25. Another of my favourite things is custard. It instantly makes me feel good. This could be due to the fact that my gran used to make me custard whenever I wasn't feeling well when I was little.
26. My favourite yoghurt is custard, and then vanilla.
27. I definitely take vanilla flavoured anything over chocolate.
28. I only eat Cadbury's chocolate.
29. I have been married for 11 years.
30. We married when I was 20!
31. I am in a bi-racial marriage. Of course we don't even notice this until we get "the stares". Then I think it's cool J
32. A part of me loves freaking people out.
33. Because of this young age, a lot of my family thought I was pregnant.
34. I wasn't J
35. We don't have any kids yet.
36. For a long, long time, children were not even on my "radar". I started thinking about having them when I turned 30.
37. I spent so many years trying not to fall pregnant. Did I waste all those years of birth control?!
38. We've been "trying" to have a baby since I turned 30. Had a break for 6 months last year as I'd just started at my current job.
39. I'm originally from a coastal city, Port Elizabeth, which is a really laid-back place where everybody knows everybody else's business.
40. My mother and father still live there, although not together as they got divorced about 4 years ago.
41. I am the eldest child and they tell me I am typical in this respect. I'm sure they mean it as a bad thing.
42. Both of my siblings still live in my home town.
43. My sister is 5 years younger than I am and has been married since 2004. They also don't have any kids yet.
44. My brother is 12 years younger than I am and is still living at home and doing his degree in media studies.
45. I now live in Joburg and have been here since May 1993.
46. I moved up here to be with my boyfriend, who is now my husband.
47. He is 4 years older than I am.
48. The best part of our relationship is the fact that we can communicate about anything.
49. The worst thing is we're both very stubborn.
50. We love reading and going to bookshops.
51. We have a date night twice every month.The things I love most about him is that he is hugely supportive of me, loving and affectionate, and is my rock!

Look out for part 2 in a few days' time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails