Monday, October 09, 2006

I have a confession to make

The other day I was driving to work, singing along and as I turned up the radio, I realized something…

I'm doing it again - singing along to mid-80s Kylie Minogue. I think it was Hand on your Heart. But they all sound the same from that era, don't they?

However, this is not the first time.

D & I were driving somewhere and that Kylie Minogue/ Jason Donovan song came on (the name escapes me for the moment - thank goodness). Anyway, I'm singing along and after a flawless first and second verse, D & I looked at each other in horror.

D: What on earth are you singing?
M: I don't know. I didn't even know I knew the words

This must have been a carry over from my early teenaged years ('87???). Since then, I realized that I might as well accept it.

I have come to enjoy Wham (Wake me up before you go-go), Rick Astley (Never gonna give you up) and Kylie. Maybe this shaped me in a positive way - who knows?!

Now who remembers Bros? When will I, will I be famous?


Oh, that Kylie Minogue/ Jason Donovan song is Especially for you

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:45 am

    I often do this, sing along to songs that I don't know the words to and it always comes out like, "Ahm nanaana something lelele na cry"

    That's when my kids interrupt me and say, "Mom, please don't sing."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails