Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Is there ever a happy medium?

Okay, this is going to sound crazy but I asked my boss for more work. Actually I should say that I nagged him for months for more work.

I'm a relationship and operations manager in the New Business Dept of our company, so once the deal's signed, I take over and manage the account and also run the implementation process. This suits me down to the ground because I love it when there are millions of things going on all at the same time.

When we did psychometric tests, it showed that I have a high degree of accuracy while I am being highly flexible. In plain English this means that I can't concentrate on one task for more than an hour at a time LOL

My main client has been in kind of a maintenance state since about May-June so I've needed work.

The boss is a very bad delegator (excellent at letting me have my freedom and get on with things, in other words, come and go as I please and no checking up LOL) so you can see why it has taken months of nagging to get work.

And boy oh boy, now it's flooding in. He gave me two more accounts to work on (we call it campaigns) so I am swamped.

This is good for me because I like to be challenged but I can't help thinking about my holiday in a few week's time... my solution?

I started making a list to palm off some work to a colleague. No one can say I'm a bad delegator, now can they? The boss should take some lessons from me...

2 comments:

  1. this made me laugh. maybe you need your boss' job?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, Mindi!

    Whenever I get a new job (I always go higher - I never move for same level jobs) or am promoted, I get an email from a good friend who says:

    One step closer to your plan for world domination. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails