Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Suddenly

I am fine with this infertility thing about 90% of the time.

I get happy when people find out they're pregnant, and am also happy to see babies and children most of the time.

Then suddenly something will happen and the tears just burst out of me.

Like now. Went to the loo at work and on my way back to my cubicle, saw the lift open and a little boy of about 8 step out (schools have closed and we are very relaxed here so some people bring their kids in now and again).

Just looking at that cute little blonde head I just had a sudden, intense, deep, deep longing for one of my own.

And burst into tears!

These deep, primal urges are so scary, especially because I'm normally so together.

5 comments:

  1. awww...i'm so sorry that you were down. ((LEIGH))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leigh, I so get this. It JUST happened to me last night after seeing a blog post of a new baby. Just starring into that little cherub face sent me over the edge of tears.

    Also, when Christmas shopping near the beach the other day. Loads of little families were out to play. It is that longing, that feeling in the pit of my stomach, that primal desire...that ache. I so get it and feel it along with you, sister.

    You are not alone.

    Warm, warm hug.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, thanks for the hugs. I needed that.

    Boho - thanks. It's good to know that you get what I'm feeling. It is very hard sometimes seeing all the happy families and all the babies in blogland but we have to keep the faith that it will be us soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:40 pm

    Kind of cliché, but I'm sending good thoughts and a hug your way. (No, I did not intend for that to rhyme.)

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SPM :)

    Thanks very much - I am.... listening to love songs while reading blogs.

    Can it get any better? Of course a little baby playing next to me would totally complete the picture but one thing at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails