Thursday, December 21, 2006

Thursday Thirteen # 6 - my favourite movies



Thirteen of my favourite movies

I'm the type of person who really enjoys happy movies as you'll see from the list below LOL. However, there are a few others on here that don't strictly fit the bill but I'll explain why they're on my list.


1. My best friend's wedding
I have seen this probably 3 times and every time I love it just the same. I laugh, I cry and when I need a pick-me-up, this one does it for me!

2. The holiday
We went to see this one last night and it was absolutely lovely from start to finish. I have been totally off Jude Law since Closer but he redeemed himself in this one. And those kids? Too cute!!!

3. Spanglish
This is another one of those lovely, lovely movies. I can't explain why I enjoyed it so – maybe it was the language issues but I loved it.

4. Crash
This movie really made me think and question things a lot. Obviously about racial issues. Now people, I'm in an interracial relationship myself so I really don't have issues at all. But still. Pulls on your emotions too. Stunning move – well deserving of its Oscar. In fact, this is the first movie EVER that I enjoyed that also won an Oscar. I don't quite know what that says about me but there you go!

5. Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason
I enjoyed this sequel far more than I enjoyed the original. I have this theory that if you read and enjoyed the book, don't bother seeing the movie. And this one blew my theory out of the water because I enjoyed the first movie and not so much the book. I don't know – maybe it was all the hype? But this one. Was Fabulous. We went to see it with friends and we all loved it.

6. Eye for an eye
Justice is one of my highest values. Now you know why I loved this. I really didn't mind her taking the law into her own hands because that ws how it should have worked out in the end. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

7. The school of rock
Okay, I'm a sucker for passion in any form and I LOVED LOVED LOVED Jack Black's passion for music in this one.

8. French Kiss
I adored Kevin Kline in this. And of course, I always enjoy Meg Ryan in romantic comedies. My favourite scene is the one in the aeroplane when they're taking off and he teases her about how she is in bed. LOL

9. Coach Carter
This was such an inspiring and motivating movie and I loved it completely and utterly. Enough said.

10. Runaway Jury
In my opinion, John Cusack is just the most gorgeous guy ever. I love that naughty boy/ boy next door look he has. Anyway, back to the movie – by the way, this one also throws my movie/ book theory out because I loved the book and I loved the movie. I thought all the actors were equally brilliant in this courtroom drama.

11. Stepmom
I cried buckets and buckets when I watched this. It is soooo sad. I also loved Susan Sarandon's character development from the jealous mom to accepting mom in the end. Beautiful.

12. Father of the bride
This was so sweet and so sad all at the same time. I thought of it again the other day when I read becky's letter to Hannah and how she said one day Hannah will get married and how crushed Matt will be. If you don't know what on earth I'm talking about, go read it yourself. And of course, I loved Frank, the wedding planner. Hilarious LOL

13. A time to kill
Another John Grisham that I loved. I love these fighting for the right thing type of movies – brings out the lion in me. Of course, Matthew McConaghey and Ashley Judd with those delicious Southern accents are so easy on the ear.

And that's my Thursday Thirteen.

What are some of your favourites?

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:20 pm

    I've seen half of the movies on your list and considering I enjoyed them all too, i'll keep in mind the rest on your list and try watching them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:24 pm

    Eye For An Eye was great - I love the moral of the story.

    Happy TT!

    I’m up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:40 pm

    I loved School of Rock too. Jack Black is awesome!

    I haven't seen the Bridge Jones runner up movie yet but I loved the first one.

    My 13 are up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:07 pm

    A time to kill is definitely a good one... great book and the movie was actually pretty well done.

    Not so sure about some of those others you've got listed though... :)

    Thank you for sharing and for visiting my blog. Have a lovely holiday.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we would totally make great movie buddies!! i've seen and loved every movie on your list (except Holiday, but plan to see it soon)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails