Monday, December 11, 2006

Food glorious food



As I mentioned before, I am on Weigh-Less.

At first it went really, really well and then sort of plateaued. After I returned from Thailand, I'd gained 1.3kg (miracle what with all the food I ate) and lost that in a week. Wonderful.

However, since then (a month ago), I have gained some more weight. I don't quite know what it is. Last week I had convinced myself yet again that I was pregnant (the weight gain together with the slight nausea which I since found out is due to my new preconceptual multivitamins).

So in an effort to get back to the good results from the first couple of months, I am going to have to be very strict and stay on the programme.

That means faithfully eating my low fat proteins every day, limiting my carbs to only the 5 portions, and staying off the chocolate totally.

Stirfried chicken, red kidney beans, basmati rice and vegetables
Ingredients

90g chicken strips
100 g red kidney beans
140g basmati rice
200g vegetables - pictured above are onions, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli and I think some pumpkin

Stirfry in only 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, add lots of garlic & chilli and enjoy!

Serves 1
1 medium fat protein, 1 low fat protein, 2 complex carb portions and 2 portions veg

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59 pm

    I read about a natural fat replacement ingredient called Z Trim on page 90 of the book “You on a Diet” by Oprah’s doctor, Mehmet Oz. I ordered off of the Z Trim web site and have been cooking with it for a few weeks now. It works and its easy. It lowers calories by replacing portions of the oils, butter, and other fats. It also adds fiber to foods, because it basically is corn fiber made into a gel that works like fat in most cooking. They say it is undetectable, and that’s true. My cooking tastes like it always did. I’ve lost some weight, slowly. It’s a sensible approach and its natural. I eat what I want; it tastes as good as it always did, and I’m finally “right-sizing” my body. A total win-win

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob

    Thanks for visiting and for your tip!

    That's awesome for you with your weight!

    I'm always amazed at how small things make such a big difference, like fat-free milk LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am trying SO HARD to eat better and its so hard to do around this time of year with the holidays! i gained back alot of the weight i lost last year. it depressing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky

    I'm actually being very naughty at the moment - I'm skipping weigh-less right at this moment because I know it's bad news.

    However, I have resolved no chips or chocolate this week. If I want something sweet, it will have to be a weigh-less sweet. I'm going to do my best to plan meals and get properly on track before Christmas.

    I will post next week on how this goes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails