Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thirteen #5 - Celebrating love

I'm not a romantic person.

Red roses and chocolates just don't do it for me. I like bright yellow chrysanthemums.

But I do lurve love songs. So today, here are 13 of my favourites:


1. Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

2. Just the way you are - Billy Joel

3. Glory of love - Peter Cetera

4. Up where we belong - Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes

5. How deep is your love - Bee Gees

6. Have I told you lately - Rod Stewart

7. Against all odds - Phil Collins

8. Take my breath away - Berlin (not whatshername's version)

9. Making love out of nothing at all - Air Supply

10. Don't let the sun go down on me - George Michael and Elton John

11. Nobody does it better - Carly Simon

12. Total eclipse of the heart - Bonnie Tyler



and last but not least...

13. At last - Celine Dion


Thank you to all of you for your love and good wishes after my sadness yesterday! I had another good cry last night and felt much better. As you can see, I'm celebrating love today!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 pm

    Sounds like you were having a rough day yesterday! :( I hope you are feeling better today. We've got a little bit different musical tastes, but you've got some nice songs on your list!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:41 pm

    Hey, those are some good songs. I also like Just the way you are by Billy Joel. He has some good love songs.

    My 13 are up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 am

    Glory of Love is so good..Childhood memories are the best..Right now, I am just picturing Danielson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I also like Groovy Kind of Love (ahhhhh - dangit - who sings it) I'm thinking Phil Collins, could VERY WELL be wrong. shoot.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:24 am

    Great List! Make yourself a CD or download to you MP3 and whenever you're feeling blue or angry turn it on and turn it up. It will work wonders.

    Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:33 am

    I knew you had to be my age--I can sing at least the title line of every song you listed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chickadee - I loooovvee Billy Joel and that is just the best lyrics ever!

    Amy - I know... really brings out the little bit of romantic in me LOL And I was thinking as I typed the post - this just gives away my age!

    Tug - that is a Phil Collins song

    Dawn - that's exactly what I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rashenbo

    Thanks - I am...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails