Friday, February 13, 2009

Shortness of breath

I've noticed that I'm getting out of breath after climbing just one flight of stairs.

Of course, I thought this was normal since I haven't exercised since the start of my IVF cycle (end Nov 2008).

Then last night happened.

I do talks to groups and I was asked to speak to a group of professional organisers in Jhb on time management.

Well, I started my talk and after 5 minutes, I was sooo out of breath. It felt so weird.

I even said to them, "I don't know why I'm so out of breath" - and then I remembered my 11-week baby update/ pregnancy email that said it was normal.

It was so freaky because I'd done a talk just two weeks prior to this and I was FINE! Then again, I was not talking flat out for the hour. I co-presented the topic and my guest did most of the talking.

I really didn't know how to handle it but it got a bit better eventually although I was still uncomfortable throughout.

Then earlier today I went to a meeting where I had to present the concept for a new product and I could feel after 5 minutes continuous talking that I was out of breath.

Good thing she was writing and taking notes so I could stop and give her a chance to catch up and me a chance to breathe.

My word!

Of course now I'm scared to schedule more talks. And this is a really good way for me to market my business because I find it really easy to talk to groups.

3 comments:

  1. Leigh

    It's probably nothing but I think it's worth calling your OB and internist and getting checked out. A friend of mine (who just gave birth) was having similar issues and it turned out she was having a build up of fluid because her heart wasn't functioning as well as it should. I'm sure it's not that, but the symptoms probably shouldn't be ignored either.

    Take care of yourself!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:01 am

    You have a lot more extra blood pumping through you with twins. I teach and noticed I was out of breath a little too. My classes are 3 1/2 hours long, by the end of class I was dog tired.

    Might be a good item to add to your list of Q's for your doctor, just to be on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is definitely on the list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails