Tuesday, July 28, 2009

We're a man down

Connor, doing his traffic cop impression :)

We’re a man down in our house. D woke up sick yesterday (oh my word, feels like days ago!) so I did the 2am and 5am feeds this morning and I am shot to hell.

Previously he did these two feeds as I do not get up easily. It's easier for me to stay up (which I may just do tonight until 2am...........) than get up.

This morning poor Connor had to SCREAM to get me up (slept through my alarm) and he is not a screamer so I dread to think how long he was awake before he managed to rouse me.

I banished D to the guest bedroom so he wouldn't breathe his germs all over C and also bought surgical masks for him to wear while changing and feeding him. I'm not taking chances and having C back in that NICU.

Needless to say, I was totally out of it today and as a result, a bit weepy*. I only woke at 11:15 (D did 8am and 11am feeds), decided I needed a day just for me so only went to see Kendra now at 8pm because I couldn’t handle snide comments from the day nurses (about how mummy is late to see her baby, etc, etc).

Hopefully tonight will be better – I’m doing 11pm and 2am – D will do 5am and I’ll do 8am again.

*I thought I was over the "grieving for my pregnancy" thing - not so! A friend sent me pics of her maternity photo shoot and that made me cry again!

4 comments:

  1. I feel you over missing pregnancy. I feel like I was cheated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Sending so many positive thoughts! It will get easier!!! Hang in there. And get better quick, D!!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank goodness I’m not the only one – I know it’s crazy because I only have to turn my head and see a real live baby...

    Thanks, Mo - last night was a lot easier. I decided to just stay up until 2 and that worked much better. D did 5 and 8am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, how rude if the nurses were to say that!? I can't believe that!! That's horrible! Like your life isn't completely going crazy with a wee little one @ home now. I hope the visit to see Kendra was refreshing!!

    Hope today goes much better for you, dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails