Sunday, September 06, 2009

Questions for my 6-week follow up


Except this is actually a 9-week follow-up appointment because my doctor was on holiday and then last week when he was back I couldn't get an appointment. Grrr.
Anyway, it's happening on Tuesday - I can't believe the twins will be 9 weeks old.
So tell me - what happens at the 6-week follow-up and what questions do I need to ask him?

I asked my friend C if they do an internal and she said "yes, it's horrible. brace yourself". Oh dear!


These are the ones I have so far:
  1. why are my knees so messed up?
  2. when am I supposed to get my period?
And seeing as he's doing an internal anyway, I want him to do a Pap smear and get that out of the way for the year.

What else???

And in other news, look what I found under my bed! A Cyclogest pessary!
Must have rolled under the bed one evening and I was too lazy to look for it - not that I would have used it but still!

5 comments:

  1. My 6 week wasn't horrible. It's like a regular GYN visit. Pap, internal and they check your scar. Quick talk about birth control (HA like I need that!) and then we proceeded to fuss over the babies since I had them with me!
    Make sure you take a picture with you, these babies earned their spot on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a 2 week check up and they told me that at my 6 week check up I would have a vaginal exam and have my uterus checked to make sure it was getting back to normal. They'd also check my c-section incision and discuss birth control options with me. Why would the internal be so horrible if you had a c-section?! I look forward to hearing how your appointment goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandi, you are so right. Will have to take a pic. I said to D, it's going to be sad - I know I'm his favourite patient. Who else whips out a notebook with a list of questions at every appt?! LOL

    Mandy, I just hate internals - gross. And they usually hurt for me - i think it's the endometriosis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't have an internal at my 6 week... not complaining but wonder why it is necessary? I had a ultra sound and he checked everything including uterus that way. Much easier and less fuss. Did a quick urine test and talked about birth control...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment and filling my love tank. I appreciate it!

I'd love to answer your email so please make sure your email address is enabled. In Blogger, go to Edit Profile, and under Privacy, tick the 3rd block and then Save Profile :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails